Real Salt Lake live coverage: RSL holds off Seattle's second-half push, wins 2-1
Real Salt Lake took a 2-0 advantage into halftime, however a very different Seattle team came out after the break. With more energy the Sounders were able to score, but it was not enough as RSL held on to win 2-1.
Five minutes after the opening whistle, RSL forward Robbie Findley scored his first goal of the season in a scramble in front of the Sounder's net. Despite Seattle fighting to clear, Findley's tapped the ball past keeper Michael Gspurning in a second effort. The play led to an unfortunate strain to Findley's left adductor, and he was forced to leave just 14 minutes into the game.
Later, Ned Grabavoy floated a ball from the end line into the box and Luis Gil made contact with a diving header to put the ball in the net. Real had 16 total shots, nine on target in the first half.
The second half became the physical battle RSL expected from the Sounders. Seattle's Brad Evans scored on a controlled first touch from just inside the box to cut the advantage 2-1. In the chippy game, only one player was booked when Sounder's midfielder Andy Rose was offered a yellow card in the 86th minute.
Real Salt Lake finished the match with 25 total shots.
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Utes drop out of national rankings following...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- Local flavor in the NBA: Lillard continues to...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 143
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 38
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 37
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 36
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 31
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 23
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21