SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz continued their run of good form by defeating the Brooklyn Nets at the EnergySolutions Arena, 116-107, Saturday night.
In the first half, neither team acheived a lead greater than seven points, and both teams were shooting incredibly well. At one point in the first half, the Jazz were making 85 percent of their shots. This percentage only dropped a little, and by the end of the game both teams were still above 50 percent, with the Jazz shooting 58 percent from three-point range.
That three point percentage was helped greatly by Randy Foye, who made a remarkable eight-of-nine shots from behind the arc, equalling the franchise record for threes in a game. Foye finished the game with 26 points to top Utah's scoring. Al Jefferson and Mo Williams also had 20 points apiece.
Although the Jazz trailed by two at halftime, a strong third quarter in which they outscored the Nets 31-20 helped them achieve another key victory, their fourth in a row.
This win keeps the Jazz in that all-important eighth place in the Western Conference, and puts them at 38-36 on the season.
Read on for some of the best tweets from the night as Jazz nation celebrates another victory.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Brad Rock: Utah Jazz still don't have the...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 290
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 56
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 42
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37