CEDAR CITY — A Saturday afternoon rollover accident outside of Cedar City injured six people, two critically, after the vehicle they were in went out of control.
Either people were traveling in a sport utility vehicle when the accident happened about 1:30 p.m. on state Route 56 about five miles west of Cedar City. For an unknown reason, the male driver became distracted, the Utah Highway Patrol reported.
After the vehicle drifted to the left side of the roadway, it veered right, ultimately traveled sideways and ended up rolling. A man in the front passenger seat who was not wearing a seat belt was ejected from the SUV and flown to a Salt Lake City hospital. A woman also sustained critical injuries in the crash and was flown to a Las Vegas hospital.
Troopers said a woman, who is six months pregnant, was flown to a hospital as a precaution.
Two men as well as the driver were taken to a hospital via ambulance as a precaution, while two others were treated at the scene and later released. The victims' names were not released.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Draper police step in for Santa after home is...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 17
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9