CEDAR CITY — A Saturday afternoon rollover accident outside of Cedar City injured six people, two critically, after the vehicle they were in went out of control.
Either people were traveling in a sport utility vehicle when the accident happened about 1:30 p.m. on state Route 56 about five miles west of Cedar City. For an unknown reason, the male driver became distracted, the Utah Highway Patrol reported.
After the vehicle drifted to the left side of the roadway, it veered right, ultimately traveled sideways and ended up rolling. A man in the front passenger seat who was not wearing a seat belt was ejected from the SUV and flown to a Salt Lake City hospital. A woman also sustained critical injuries in the crash and was flown to a Las Vegas hospital.
Troopers said a woman, who is six months pregnant, was flown to a hospital as a precaution.
Two men as well as the driver were taken to a hospital via ambulance as a precaution, while two others were treated at the scene and later released. The victims' names were not released.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23