CEDAR CITY — A Saturday afternoon rollover accident outside of Cedar City injured six people, two critically, after the vehicle they were in went out of control.
Either people were traveling in a sport utility vehicle when the accident happened about 1:30 p.m. on state Route 56 about five miles west of Cedar City. For an unknown reason, the male driver became distracted, the Utah Highway Patrol reported.
After the vehicle drifted to the left side of the roadway, it veered right, ultimately traveled sideways and ended up rolling. A man in the front passenger seat who was not wearing a seat belt was ejected from the SUV and flown to a Salt Lake City hospital. A woman also sustained critical injuries in the crash and was flown to a Las Vegas hospital.
Troopers said a woman, who is six months pregnant, was flown to a hospital as a precaution.
Two men as well as the driver were taken to a hospital via ambulance as a precaution, while two others were treated at the scene and later released. The victims' names were not released.
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 21
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13