CEDAR CITY — A Saturday afternoon rollover accident outside of Cedar City injured six people, two critically, after the vehicle they were in went out of control.
Either people were traveling in a sport utility vehicle when the accident happened about 1:30 p.m. on state Route 56 about five miles west of Cedar City. For an unknown reason, the male driver became distracted, the Utah Highway Patrol reported.
After the vehicle drifted to the left side of the roadway, it veered right, ultimately traveled sideways and ended up rolling. A man in the front passenger seat who was not wearing a seat belt was ejected from the SUV and flown to a Salt Lake City hospital. A woman also sustained critical injuries in the crash and was flown to a Las Vegas hospital.
Troopers said a woman, who is six months pregnant, was flown to a hospital as a precaution.
Two men as well as the driver were taken to a hospital via ambulance as a precaution, while two others were treated at the scene and later released. The victims' names were not released.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Creativity of ALS ice bucket challenge boosts...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Bingham High students walk out over... 88
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 27
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18