CEDAR CITY — A Saturday afternoon rollover accident outside of Cedar City injured six people, two critically, after the vehicle they were in went out of control.
Either people were traveling in a sport utility vehicle when the accident happened about 1:30 p.m. on state Route 56 about five miles west of Cedar City. For an unknown reason, the male driver became distracted, the Utah Highway Patrol reported.
After the vehicle drifted to the left side of the roadway, it veered right, ultimately traveled sideways and ended up rolling. A man in the front passenger seat who was not wearing a seat belt was ejected from the SUV and flown to a Salt Lake City hospital. A woman also sustained critical injuries in the crash and was flown to a Las Vegas hospital.
Troopers said a woman, who is six months pregnant, was flown to a hospital as a precaution.
Two men as well as the driver were taken to a hospital via ambulance as a precaution, while two others were treated at the scene and later released. The victims' names were not released.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Brother, sister hugged each other as they...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 23
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 14
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 11
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8