Weber State faces toughest test in postseason against Northern Iowa
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa — Weber State will face its toughest test yet in the semifinals of the CollegeInsider.com Tournament.
Because of a lower RPI ranking (the CIT Tournament doesn’t announce seeding publicly) WSU hit the road to the state where "Children of the Corn" and "The Crazies" were filmed.
The Wildcats (29-6) are hoping a horror script doesn’t play out against Northern Iowa (21-14). The Panthers are 17-3 at home this season with notable wins against Saint Mary’s, Wichita State and Creighton.
Seniors Anthony James (13.5 ppg), Marc Sonnen (10.5 ppg), Jake Koch (10.5 ppg) and sophomore Seth Tuttle (11.3 ppg) all average double figures for UNI.
Weber State is the first Big Sky program to advance to the semifinals of a national postseason tournament. The winner will host the CIT Championship on April 2.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33