Weber State faces toughest test in postseason against Northern Iowa
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa — Weber State will face its toughest test yet in the semifinals of the CollegeInsider.com Tournament.
Because of a lower RPI ranking (the CIT Tournament doesn’t announce seeding publicly) WSU hit the road to the state where "Children of the Corn" and "The Crazies" were filmed.
The Wildcats (29-6) are hoping a horror script doesn’t play out against Northern Iowa (21-14). The Panthers are 17-3 at home this season with notable wins against Saint Mary’s, Wichita State and Creighton.
Seniors Anthony James (13.5 ppg), Marc Sonnen (10.5 ppg), Jake Koch (10.5 ppg) and sophomore Seth Tuttle (11.3 ppg) all average double figures for UNI.
Weber State is the first Big Sky program to advance to the semifinals of a national postseason tournament. The winner will host the CIT Championship on April 2.
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history,...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22