The Utah Jazz were trailing for most of the game, but fought back to beat the Portland Trail Blazers on the road Friday night. This win meant that the Jazz finally ended their worst road losing streak in 31 seasons.
Portland built an early lead before the Jazz fought back to tie the scores at 40 apiece in the second quarter. However, the Trail Blazers responded with a 12-0 run, and the Jazz could only respond with an Al Jefferson jumper to cut the deficit to 10 before halftime.
Things did not improve much in the second half until late in the fourth quarter, when the Jazz went on a 25-6 run to take the lead and ensure the victory.
Despite making none of eight three-point attempts in the first half, Utah's shooting improved immensely in the second half, and the Jazz finished the game with 50 percent from the field. Mo Williams led the fightback with 28 points. Paul Millsap also added 25 points and 10 rebounds, and Al Jefferson scored 22 points on the night.
The Jazz, who had not won on the road since before the All-Star break, ended a nine-game road losing streak with Friday's victory, bringing their record to 37-36 for the season.
This win also puts the Jazz back into the eighth playoff spot, as the Los Angeles Lakers lost to the Milwaukee Bucks yesterday.
Read on for some of the best tweets and Facebook posts as Jazz nation reacts to a crucial road win.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 25