Police ID Brigham City woman killed in sidewalk collision
BRIGHAM CITY — Police on Friday released the name of a woman who was killed while walking on the sidewalk with her grandchildren Thursday afternoon.
Debra Mercer, 59, was fatally injured when a vehicle caused a collision with an oncoming car that resulted in the vehicle going onto the sidewalk on Main Street, according to Brigham City Police Lt. Dennis Vincent.
Mercer and three of her grandchildren were taken to Brigham City Hospital, where she later died, Vincent said. The children, ages 7, 4 and 2, were expected to be OK.
The 87-year-old woman driver of the vehicle that caused the crash will likely be cited for failure to yield, Vincent said.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16