Police ID Brigham City woman killed in sidewalk collision
BRIGHAM CITY — Police on Friday released the name of a woman who was killed while walking on the sidewalk with her grandchildren Thursday afternoon.
Debra Mercer, 59, was fatally injured when a vehicle caused a collision with an oncoming car that resulted in the vehicle going onto the sidewalk on Main Street, according to Brigham City Police Lt. Dennis Vincent.
Mercer and three of her grandchildren were taken to Brigham City Hospital, where she later died, Vincent said. The children, ages 7, 4 and 2, were expected to be OK.
The 87-year-old woman driver of the vehicle that caused the crash will likely be cited for failure to yield, Vincent said.
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Mom whose unbuckled child died was cited for...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 83
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 54
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 44
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15