Police ID Brigham City woman killed in sidewalk collision
BRIGHAM CITY — Police on Friday released the name of a woman who was killed while walking on the sidewalk with her grandchildren Thursday afternoon.
Debra Mercer, 59, was fatally injured when a vehicle caused a collision with an oncoming car that resulted in the vehicle going onto the sidewalk on Main Street, according to Brigham City Police Lt. Dennis Vincent.
Mercer and three of her grandchildren were taken to Brigham City Hospital, where she later died, Vincent said. The children, ages 7, 4 and 2, were expected to be OK.
The 87-year-old woman driver of the vehicle that caused the crash will likely be cited for failure to yield, Vincent said.
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 39
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11
- Cheerleaders for Medicaid expansion ask... 9