Police ID Brigham City woman killed in sidewalk collision
BRIGHAM CITY — Police on Friday released the name of a woman who was killed while walking on the sidewalk with her grandchildren Thursday afternoon.
Debra Mercer, 59, was fatally injured when a vehicle caused a collision with an oncoming car that resulted in the vehicle going onto the sidewalk on Main Street, according to Brigham City Police Lt. Dennis Vincent.
Mercer and three of her grandchildren were taken to Brigham City Hospital, where she later died, Vincent said. The children, ages 7, 4 and 2, were expected to be OK.
The 87-year-old woman driver of the vehicle that caused the crash will likely be cited for failure to yield, Vincent said.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18