Police ID Brigham City woman killed in sidewalk collision
BRIGHAM CITY — Police on Friday released the name of a woman who was killed while walking on the sidewalk with her grandchildren Thursday afternoon.
Debra Mercer, 59, was fatally injured when a vehicle caused a collision with an oncoming car that resulted in the vehicle going onto the sidewalk on Main Street, according to Brigham City Police Lt. Dennis Vincent.
Mercer and three of her grandchildren were taken to Brigham City Hospital, where she later died, Vincent said. The children, ages 7, 4 and 2, were expected to be OK.
The 87-year-old woman driver of the vehicle that caused the crash will likely be cited for failure to yield, Vincent said.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- Oldest giraffe in North America dies at Hogle...
- Zion's Hidden Canyon Trail to close for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 101
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9