Police investigating death of man found behind Logan school
LOGAN — The body of an 64-year-old man was found on the bank of the Logan River on Friday.
Police said the man was found face down about 10:20 a.m. at 843 S. 100 West, behind nearby Stevens-Henager College. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The identity of the man has not been released pending notification of family. The cause of death was not known, but officers believe the death may have been the result of an accident, said Logan Assistant Police Chief Jeff Curtis. There were no signs of foul play.
Investigators learned that the man had gone to fish the Logan River, and they suspect he may have slipped and fallen down the river's steep embankment, but an investigation is ongoing.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Draper police step in for Santa after home is...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 16
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 13
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9