Police investigating death of man found behind Logan school
LOGAN — The body of an 64-year-old man was found on the bank of the Logan River on Friday.
Police said the man was found face down about 10:20 a.m. at 843 S. 100 West, behind nearby Stevens-Henager College. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The identity of the man has not been released pending notification of family. The cause of death was not known, but officers believe the death may have been the result of an accident, said Logan Assistant Police Chief Jeff Curtis. There were no signs of foul play.
Investigators learned that the man had gone to fish the Logan River, and they suspect he may have slipped and fallen down the river's steep embankment, but an investigation is ongoing.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16