Police investigating death of man found behind Logan school
LOGAN — The body of an 64-year-old man was found on the bank of the Logan River on Friday.
Police said the man was found face down about 10:20 a.m. at 843 S. 100 West, behind nearby Stevens-Henager College. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The identity of the man has not been released pending notification of family. The cause of death was not known, but officers believe the death may have been the result of an accident, said Logan Assistant Police Chief Jeff Curtis. There were no signs of foul play.
Investigators learned that the man had gone to fish the Logan River, and they suspect he may have slipped and fallen down the river's steep embankment, but an investigation is ongoing.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21