Police investigating death of man found behind Logan school
LOGAN — The body of an 64-year-old man was found on the bank of the Logan River on Friday.
Police said the man was found face down about 10:20 a.m. at 843 S. 100 West, behind nearby Stevens-Henager College. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The identity of the man has not been released pending notification of family. The cause of death was not known, but officers believe the death may have been the result of an accident, said Logan Assistant Police Chief Jeff Curtis. There were no signs of foul play.
Investigators learned that the man had gone to fish the Logan River, and they suspect he may have slipped and fallen down the river's steep embankment, but an investigation is ongoing.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8