Police investigating death of man found behind Logan school
LOGAN — The body of an 64-year-old man was found on the bank of the Logan River on Friday.
Police said the man was found face down about 10:20 a.m. at 843 S. 100 West, behind nearby Stevens-Henager College. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The identity of the man has not been released pending notification of family. The cause of death was not known, but officers believe the death may have been the result of an accident, said Logan Assistant Police Chief Jeff Curtis. There were no signs of foul play.
Investigators learned that the man had gone to fish the Logan River, and they suspect he may have slipped and fallen down the river's steep embankment, but an investigation is ongoing.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15