Jae C. Hong, AP
Emergency unemployment compensation will be reduced due to the federal sequestration, according to press release from the State Department of Workforce Services.
For those in Utah, the 12.8 percent cut will take effect April 28. This means those trying to claim the EUC will be affected on or after April 28. The cuts are federal and don’t include state unemployment benefits.
Currently, there are about 4,000 unemployed workers who will see their benefits cut. Those who are on EUC currently are paid up to 14 weeks of federal benefits in addition to the state’s 26 weeks of benefits.
The federal program of EUC is estimated to end completely by Dec. 28, 2013.
All states have to start reducing the benefits on or after March 31. Those who are having their benefits cut will receive a notice two weeks before the reductions start.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- The 10 most livable small towns
- There's a video for that: How YouTube brings...
- Remodeling? Experts say some projects add to...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Plan to simplify 2015 health renewals may...
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience
- Closet clutter: How having fewer,...
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 13
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 12
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 9
- Does getting married really increase... 8
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 7
- Remodeling? Experts say some projects... 5
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- Sneaky tricks restaurants use to make... 3