Jae C. Hong, AP
Emergency unemployment compensation will be reduced due to the federal sequestration, according to press release from the State Department of Workforce Services.
For those in Utah, the 12.8 percent cut will take effect April 28. This means those trying to claim the EUC will be affected on or after April 28. The cuts are federal and don’t include state unemployment benefits.
Currently, there are about 4,000 unemployed workers who will see their benefits cut. Those who are on EUC currently are paid up to 14 weeks of federal benefits in addition to the state’s 26 weeks of benefits.
The federal program of EUC is estimated to end completely by Dec. 28, 2013.
All states have to start reducing the benefits on or after March 31. Those who are having their benefits cut will receive a notice two weeks before the reductions start.
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- Freelancers and millennials help usher in the...
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- 15 jobs that are safe from the robot takeover
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its parks
- 10 jobs you can get right now
- Summit County sees credit card breach after...
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 13
- It's about time the government... 12
- Cantwell targets small business loan... 4
- Applications for US unemployment aid... 4
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Government unlikely... 3
- Should you take a store up on its... 2