Overall, the BYU men's racquetball team placed second, the women's team placed third. Combined, the Cougars placed second overall with 2,061 points. Oregon State University claimed the top overall spot at the tournament with 3,115 points.
"We took home a lot of hardware this year. It was fun," Snyder said.
In addition to their trophies and medals, every member of the team that participated last weekend now have All-American status. For some members of the team, this is not the first time they've achieved this honor.
"Every single one of them played and won all of the close games. It was an amazing run," Snyder said. "They did extremely well, probably better than any team I have had as a player or a coach."
For students interested in joining the team, Snyder believes that any type of athlete can join and become a great racquetball player.
"Fortunately, we are a great developmental program — players are just good athletes and we turn them into great racquetball players," Snyder said.
"I never competed until three years ago, and in three years I became an All-American," Renouard said. "We have a couple of tennis players, basketball players, soccer players; they’re quick and have great legs."
Tryouts for the team start at the end of September and last into the beginning of October. Those interested in the BYU racquetball program can find more information posted on its website. Videos of the teams' performance can be found on the BYU racquetball YouTube channel.
"It’s a great experience," Snyder said. "The racquetball program has the most national champions of any other program. It is fun to be a part of something like that."
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Kyle Van Noy and...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- A good life: Former Weber State, NFL...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- BYU football: Cougars announce future games...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 123
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 106
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 99
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 68
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford... 62
- BYU football: Cougars announce future... 53
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 51
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 29