Overall, the BYU men's racquetball team placed second, the women's team placed third. Combined, the Cougars placed second overall with 2,061 points. Oregon State University claimed the top overall spot at the tournament with 3,115 points.
"We took home a lot of hardware this year. It was fun," Snyder said.
In addition to their trophies and medals, every member of the team that participated last weekend now have All-American status. For some members of the team, this is not the first time they've achieved this honor.
"Every single one of them played and won all of the close games. It was an amazing run," Snyder said. "They did extremely well, probably better than any team I have had as a player or a coach."
For students interested in joining the team, Snyder believes that any type of athlete can join and become a great racquetball player.
"Fortunately, we are a great developmental program — players are just good athletes and we turn them into great racquetball players," Snyder said.
"I never competed until three years ago, and in three years I became an All-American," Renouard said. "We have a couple of tennis players, basketball players, soccer players; they’re quick and have great legs."
Tryouts for the team start at the end of September and last into the beginning of October. Those interested in the BYU racquetball program can find more information posted on its website. Videos of the teams' performance can be found on the BYU racquetball YouTube channel.
"It’s a great experience," Snyder said. "The racquetball program has the most national champions of any other program. It is fun to be a part of something like that."
- Ranking the best NBA players to ever come out...
- BYU basketball: Confident San Francisco...
- Former Lone Peak center Justin Hamilton makes...
- 15 lessons learned from a BYU rugby game
- Photo story: What teenagers taught me at the...
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San Francisco...
- Basketball bonds: Hoops have tied Utah star...
- Utah Jazz: Boos for Paul Millsap?...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 73
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes eager to... 29
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26
- Krystkowiak asks Runnin' Utes to stay... 24
- Utah basketball: Regular-season finale... 24
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak... 20