Overall, the BYU men's racquetball team placed second, the women's team placed third. Combined, the Cougars placed second overall with 2,061 points. Oregon State University claimed the top overall spot at the tournament with 3,115 points.
"We took home a lot of hardware this year. It was fun," Snyder said.
In addition to their trophies and medals, every member of the team that participated last weekend now have All-American status. For some members of the team, this is not the first time they've achieved this honor.
"Every single one of them played and won all of the close games. It was an amazing run," Snyder said. "They did extremely well, probably better than any team I have had as a player or a coach."
For students interested in joining the team, Snyder believes that any type of athlete can join and become a great racquetball player.
"Fortunately, we are a great developmental program — players are just good athletes and we turn them into great racquetball players," Snyder said.
"I never competed until three years ago, and in three years I became an All-American," Renouard said. "We have a couple of tennis players, basketball players, soccer players; they’re quick and have great legs."
Tryouts for the team start at the end of September and last into the beginning of October. Those interested in the BYU racquetball program can find more information posted on its website. Videos of the teams' performance can be found on the BYU racquetball YouTube channel.
"It’s a great experience," Snyder said. "The racquetball program has the most national champions of any other program. It is fun to be a part of something like that."
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- 4A boys basketball tournament quarterfinal...
- 3A boys state tournament quarterfinals...
- Morning links: Utah coaching job ranked; NFL...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 89
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 81
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 55
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 29