USU golf: Aggies drop two matches at Cal Poly Match Play Challenge on Thursday
Utah State men’s golf began play at the Cal Poly hosted Match Play Challenge with a 3.5-1.5 opening round loss to Weber State, followed by a 3.0-2.0 loss to Fresno State at the Cypress Ridge Golf Course on Thursday.
In the opening round loss to Weber State, junior Tanner Higham halved his match with Jordan Herzog to earn half a point; freshman Seokwon Jeon defeated Michael Johnson, 3&2; freshman Reed Platke lost to Jeff Jones, 2&1; senior Kris Sayer lost to Matt Wahlen, 1 up; and junior Zach Waxler lost to Colton Dallimore, 3&1.
Results for Utah State’s match against Fresno State were not immediately available.
Utah State will conclude play at the Cal Poly Match Play Challenge on Friday, Mar. 29, against Northern Colorado.
Match Play vs. Weber State
1. Tanner Higham (USU) half Jordan Herzog (WSU) – All Square
2. Seokwon Jeon (USU) def. Michael Johnson (WSU) – 3&2
3. Jeff Jones (WSU) def. Reed Platke (USU) – 2&1
4. Matt Wahlen (WSU) def. Kris Sayer (USU) – 1 up
5. Colton Dallimore (WSU) def. Zach Waxler (USU) – 3&1
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 49
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45