USU golf: Aggies drop two matches at Cal Poly Match Play Challenge on Thursday
Utah State men’s golf began play at the Cal Poly hosted Match Play Challenge with a 3.5-1.5 opening round loss to Weber State, followed by a 3.0-2.0 loss to Fresno State at the Cypress Ridge Golf Course on Thursday.
In the opening round loss to Weber State, junior Tanner Higham halved his match with Jordan Herzog to earn half a point; freshman Seokwon Jeon defeated Michael Johnson, 3&2; freshman Reed Platke lost to Jeff Jones, 2&1; senior Kris Sayer lost to Matt Wahlen, 1 up; and junior Zach Waxler lost to Colton Dallimore, 3&1.
Results for Utah State’s match against Fresno State were not immediately available.
Utah State will conclude play at the Cal Poly Match Play Challenge on Friday, Mar. 29, against Northern Colorado.
Match Play vs. Weber State
1. Tanner Higham (USU) half Jordan Herzog (WSU) – All Square
2. Seokwon Jeon (USU) def. Michael Johnson (WSU) – 3&2
3. Jeff Jones (WSU) def. Reed Platke (USU) – 2&1
4. Matt Wahlen (WSU) def. Kris Sayer (USU) – 1 up
5. Colton Dallimore (WSU) def. Zach Waxler (USU) – 3&1
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Rudy Gobert made Suns pay for Foul-A-Frenchie...
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- Mike Sorensen: Manning's storybook ending...
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the road...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 84
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 66
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 29
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 20