USU golf: Aggies drop two matches at Cal Poly Match Play Challenge on Thursday
Utah State men’s golf began play at the Cal Poly hosted Match Play Challenge with a 3.5-1.5 opening round loss to Weber State, followed by a 3.0-2.0 loss to Fresno State at the Cypress Ridge Golf Course on Thursday.
In the opening round loss to Weber State, junior Tanner Higham halved his match with Jordan Herzog to earn half a point; freshman Seokwon Jeon defeated Michael Johnson, 3&2; freshman Reed Platke lost to Jeff Jones, 2&1; senior Kris Sayer lost to Matt Wahlen, 1 up; and junior Zach Waxler lost to Colton Dallimore, 3&1.
Results for Utah State’s match against Fresno State were not immediately available.
Utah State will conclude play at the Cal Poly Match Play Challenge on Friday, Mar. 29, against Northern Colorado.
Match Play vs. Weber State
1. Tanner Higham (USU) half Jordan Herzog (WSU) – All Square
2. Seokwon Jeon (USU) def. Michael Johnson (WSU) – 3&2
3. Jeff Jones (WSU) def. Reed Platke (USU) – 2&1
4. Matt Wahlen (WSU) def. Kris Sayer (USU) – 1 up
5. Colton Dallimore (WSU) def. Zach Waxler (USU) – 3&1
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- So far, Dante Exum appears to be bigger and...
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder than...
- Dick Harmon: A more confident Robert Anae...
- Ranking the best college running backs...
- Jazz notes: Trey Lyles still not with team...
- You don't know Jack (Cooley)? Learn about...
- Ranking the best fits for the Utah Jazz in...
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for... 103
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to... 103
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 56
- Morning links: Damian Lillard, Paul... 32
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A... 28
- Brad Rock: Hatfield, Natson incidents... 28
- Utah football player Dominique Hatfield... 26
- BYU Cougars finish year with five... 24