USU golf: Aggies drop two matches at Cal Poly Match Play Challenge on Thursday
Utah State men’s golf began play at the Cal Poly hosted Match Play Challenge with a 3.5-1.5 opening round loss to Weber State, followed by a 3.0-2.0 loss to Fresno State at the Cypress Ridge Golf Course on Thursday.
In the opening round loss to Weber State, junior Tanner Higham halved his match with Jordan Herzog to earn half a point; freshman Seokwon Jeon defeated Michael Johnson, 3&2; freshman Reed Platke lost to Jeff Jones, 2&1; senior Kris Sayer lost to Matt Wahlen, 1 up; and junior Zach Waxler lost to Colton Dallimore, 3&1.
Results for Utah State’s match against Fresno State were not immediately available.
Utah State will conclude play at the Cal Poly Match Play Challenge on Friday, Mar. 29, against Northern Colorado.
Match Play vs. Weber State
1. Tanner Higham (USU) half Jordan Herzog (WSU) – All Square
2. Seokwon Jeon (USU) def. Michael Johnson (WSU) – 3&2
3. Jeff Jones (WSU) def. Reed Platke (USU) – 2&1
4. Matt Wahlen (WSU) def. Kris Sayer (USU) – 1 up
5. Colton Dallimore (WSU) def. Zach Waxler (USU) – 3&1
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Ranking the best rookie seasons in Utah Jazz...
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating from...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with one-year...
- Is Tyrone Corbin gone? Utah Jazz, coach's...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but plenty of...
- Jazz might be saying goodbye to their four...
- Utah football: Ute offense shines in...
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after... 91
- Jeff Benedict: Jabari Parker announces... 59
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay... 56
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker... 54
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating... 54
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new,... 24
- BYU Football: Harvey Jackson bolsters... 24