Charges: Man drove go-kart into 12-year-old who taunted him
WEST JORDAN — A 20-year-old man was charged Thursday with driving a go-kart into a 12-year-old boy who was taunting him.
Jacob Kyle Morgan, of West Jordan, was charged in 3rd District Court with aggravated assault, a third-degree felony.
Morgan and a group of children were riding the go-kart on March 21 when another group of children on bicycles began exchanging insults with them. When the group riding bicycles began to ride away, Morgan chased after them in the go-kart, swerving toward and striking a 12-year-old boy, the charges state.
A witness told police he saw the go-kart hit the boy in the shin, knocking him to the ground. Police reported the bicycle had a bent axle and damage to the pedals and chain area.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- Historic Salt Lake building now home to...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- Man dies in paragliding crash on Utah Lake
- Jury convicts San Juan County commissioner...
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 124
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 37
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- 2 Utah chiefs with Baltimore ties say... 19
- Provo businessman declines push to run... 19
- LDS Church donates $100,000 to combat... 19