Charges: Man drove go-kart into 12-year-old who taunted him
WEST JORDAN — A 20-year-old man was charged Thursday with driving a go-kart into a 12-year-old boy who was taunting him.
Jacob Kyle Morgan, of West Jordan, was charged in 3rd District Court with aggravated assault, a third-degree felony.
Morgan and a group of children were riding the go-kart on March 21 when another group of children on bicycles began exchanging insults with them. When the group riding bicycles began to ride away, Morgan chased after them in the go-kart, swerving toward and striking a 12-year-old boy, the charges state.
A witness told police he saw the go-kart hit the boy in the shin, knocking him to the ground. Police reported the bicycle had a bent axle and damage to the pedals and chain area.
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- Audit of embattled S.L. County Recorder's...
- Woman critically injured in Bountiful...
- Photos: A Pioneer Day celebration of heritage...
- Man falls 70 feet to his death in Provo
- Man shot dead in Midvale; alleged shooter in...
- 4 arrested in connection with fatal Cedar...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 75
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17