Charges: Man drove go-kart into 12-year-old who taunted him
WEST JORDAN — A 20-year-old man was charged Thursday with driving a go-kart into a 12-year-old boy who was taunting him.
Jacob Kyle Morgan, of West Jordan, was charged in 3rd District Court with aggravated assault, a third-degree felony.
Morgan and a group of children were riding the go-kart on March 21 when another group of children on bicycles began exchanging insults with them. When the group riding bicycles began to ride away, Morgan chased after them in the go-kart, swerving toward and striking a 12-year-old boy, the charges state.
A witness told police he saw the go-kart hit the boy in the shin, knocking him to the ground. Police reported the bicycle had a bent axle and damage to the pedals and chain area.
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- 'One drink, one time': New research shows...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 49
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 44
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 33
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 17
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15
- Bishop, Chaffetz say EPA knew spill... 15
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 15