WEST JORDAN — A 20-year-old man was charged Thursday with driving a go-kart into a 12-year-old boy who was taunting him.
Jacob Kyle Morgan, of West Jordan, was charged in 3rd District Court with aggravated assault, a third-degree felony.
Morgan and a group of children were riding the go-kart on March 21 when another group of children on bicycles began exchanging insults with them. When the group riding bicycles began to ride away, Morgan chased after them in the go-kart, swerving toward and striking a 12-year-old boy, the charges state.
A witness told police he saw the go-kart hit the boy in the shin, knocking him to the ground. Police reported the bicycle had a bent axle and damage to the pedals and chain area.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held on $6...
- Southern Utah left wanting for water
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove garage;...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 86
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- Police nab man suspected of gropings at... 31
- Will Josh Powell's family argue he... 28
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 27
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24