Charges: Man drove go-kart into 12-year-old who taunted him
WEST JORDAN — A 20-year-old man was charged Thursday with driving a go-kart into a 12-year-old boy who was taunting him.
Jacob Kyle Morgan, of West Jordan, was charged in 3rd District Court with aggravated assault, a third-degree felony.
Morgan and a group of children were riding the go-kart on March 21 when another group of children on bicycles began exchanging insults with them. When the group riding bicycles began to ride away, Morgan chased after them in the go-kart, swerving toward and striking a 12-year-old boy, the charges state.
A witness told police he saw the go-kart hit the boy in the shin, knocking him to the ground. Police reported the bicycle had a bent axle and damage to the pedals and chain area.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- Former Ute, NFL player brings holiday cheer...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 93
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 19
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 12