BRIGHTON — A Sandy man who died Wednesday after he collided with a tree at Brighton Ski Resort was wearing a helmet, police said Thursday.
Snowboarder David Sitek, 26, was found Wednesday night by a skier on the Tantamount run, listed as a "more difficult" area. The skier attempted to revive Sitek and contacted ski patrol, Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said. Police were notified just before 8 p.m.
Medical crews were unable to resuscitate Sitek, and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sitek had gone to the resort alone and there were no witnesses to the accident, Hoyal said.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for... 13