BRIGHTON — A Sandy man who died Wednesday after he collided with a tree at Brighton Ski Resort was wearing a helmet, police said Thursday.
Snowboarder David Sitek, 26, was found Wednesday night by a skier on the Tantamount run, listed as a "more difficult" area. The skier attempted to revive Sitek and contacted ski patrol, Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said. Police were notified just before 8 p.m.
Medical crews were unable to resuscitate Sitek, and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sitek had gone to the resort alone and there were no witnesses to the accident, Hoyal said.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8