BRIGHTON — A Sandy man who died Wednesday after he collided with a tree at Brighton Ski Resort was wearing a helmet, police said Thursday.
Snowboarder David Sitek, 26, was found Wednesday night by a skier on the Tantamount run, listed as a "more difficult" area. The skier attempted to revive Sitek and contacted ski patrol, Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said. Police were notified just before 8 p.m.
Medical crews were unable to resuscitate Sitek, and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sitek had gone to the resort alone and there were no witnesses to the accident, Hoyal said.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15