BRIGHTON — A Sandy man who died Wednesday after he collided with a tree at Brighton Ski Resort was wearing a helmet, police said Thursday.
Snowboarder David Sitek, 26, was found Wednesday night by a skier on the Tantamount run, listed as a "more difficult" area. The skier attempted to revive Sitek and contacted ski patrol, Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said. Police were notified just before 8 p.m.
Medical crews were unable to resuscitate Sitek, and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sitek had gone to the resort alone and there were no witnesses to the accident, Hoyal said.
- Argument, break-up threats preceded double...
- Sandy man beat woman, tried to put her in an...
- 10 Utahns charged in alleged identity theft...
- 6-year-old recounts terror of man breaking...
- UVU hopes to become 'national leader' with...
- Lane splits on I-15 near Point of the Mountain
- 15 moments many Utahns will never forget
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy...
- Utahns have mixed reactions to Supreme... 58
- Experts: Decision raises religious... 52
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 40
- Utah's same-sex marriage supporters... 30
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 24
- Educators, parents see four-year high... 13
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 13
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 12