BRIGHTON — A Sandy man who died Wednesday after he collided with a tree at Brighton Ski Resort was wearing a helmet, police said Thursday.
Snowboarder David Sitek, 26, was found Wednesday night by a skier on the Tantamount run, listed as a "more difficult" area. The skier attempted to revive Sitek and contacted ski patrol, Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said. Police were notified just before 8 p.m.
Medical crews were unable to resuscitate Sitek, and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sitek had gone to the resort alone and there were no witnesses to the accident, Hoyal said.
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 34
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9