Utah Blaze host Arizona in rematch of 2012 Western Conference finals
SALT LAKE CITY — "Bad blood" is an understatement for the feelings the Utah Blaze and Arizona Rattlers share for each other.
Add in the fact that former Blaze wideout Tysson Poots, who caught 30 touchdowns in orange and black last season, joined the team that beat Utah in the Western Conference finals in 2012 only complicates the already prevelent tensions.
The Rattlers (1-0), coming off a 66-52 win against Philadelphia, enter EnergySolutions Arena as the perennial favorites to repeat as AFL champions. The Blaze are looking to end a treacherous history of losing to Arizona (3-11 all time) with a statement win.
Kickoff will sail at 7:30 p.m. Friday.
Arizona is led by quarterback Nick Davila, along with Rod Windsor, Maurice Purify and Jared Perry — all of whom have won the AFL Rookie of the Year award at wide receiver.
Blaze on the air
Arizona Rattlers (1-0) at Utah Blaze (1-0)
Friday, 7:30 p.m.
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 5A boys basketball tournament central: Live...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars flew...
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at No. 3...
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- 3A boys state tournament central: Live...
- Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman signs 2-year...
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 91
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 83
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 60
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29