Utah Blaze host Arizona in rematch of 2012 Western Conference finals
SALT LAKE CITY — "Bad blood" is an understatement for the feelings the Utah Blaze and Arizona Rattlers share for each other.
Add in the fact that former Blaze wideout Tysson Poots, who caught 30 touchdowns in orange and black last season, joined the team that beat Utah in the Western Conference finals in 2012 only complicates the already prevelent tensions.
The Rattlers (1-0), coming off a 66-52 win against Philadelphia, enter EnergySolutions Arena as the perennial favorites to repeat as AFL champions. The Blaze are looking to end a treacherous history of losing to Arizona (3-11 all time) with a statement win.
Kickoff will sail at 7:30 p.m. Friday.
Arizona is led by quarterback Nick Davila, along with Rod Windsor, Maurice Purify and Jared Perry — all of whom have won the AFL Rookie of the Year award at wide receiver.
Blaze on the air
Arizona Rattlers (1-0) at Utah Blaze (1-0)
Friday, 7:30 p.m.
- Ezekiel Ansah unveils his Turkey Dance...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- BYU football: Cougar defense confident it can...
- BYU deals with tough overtime losses at Maui...
- Linebacker Jared Norris is quietly leading...
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- BYU football: After initial struggles,...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 38
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30
- BYU looking for strong finish in... 29
- Cougars fall short again in 87-85 loss... 28
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 28