Utah Blaze host Arizona in rematch of 2012 Western Conference finals
SALT LAKE CITY — "Bad blood" is an understatement for the feelings the Utah Blaze and Arizona Rattlers share for each other.
Add in the fact that former Blaze wideout Tysson Poots, who caught 30 touchdowns in orange and black last season, joined the team that beat Utah in the Western Conference finals in 2012 only complicates the already prevelent tensions.
The Rattlers (1-0), coming off a 66-52 win against Philadelphia, enter EnergySolutions Arena as the perennial favorites to repeat as AFL champions. The Blaze are looking to end a treacherous history of losing to Arizona (3-11 all time) with a statement win.
Kickoff will sail at 7:30 p.m. Friday.
Arizona is led by quarterback Nick Davila, along with Rod Windsor, Maurice Purify and Jared Perry — all of whom have won the AFL Rookie of the Year award at wide receiver.
Blaze on the air
Arizona Rattlers (1-0) at Utah Blaze (1-0)
Friday, 7:30 p.m.
- DeRozan, Raptors end Cavaliers' streak with...
- 20 years ago: Utah Jazz drop heartbreaker to...
- 2 Indian climbers missing on Mount Everest...
- While Djokovic, Williams wait, Wawrinka gets...
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 132
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 55
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 39
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 36
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 27
- Utah defensive lineman reportedly... 25
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under... 18