SALT LAKE CITY — "Bad blood" is an understatement for the feelings the Utah Blaze and Arizona Rattlers share for each other.
Add in the fact that former Blaze wideout Tysson Poots, who caught 30 touchdowns in orange and black last season, joined the team that beat Utah in the Western Conference finals in 2012 only complicates the already prevelent tensions.
The Rattlers (1-0), coming off a 66-52 win against Philadelphia, enter EnergySolutions Arena as the perennial favorites to repeat as AFL champions. The Blaze are looking to end a treacherous history of losing to Arizona (3-11 all time) with a statement win.
Kickoff will sail at 7:30 p.m. Friday.
Arizona is led by quarterback Nick Davila, along with Rod Windsor, Maurice Purify and Jared Perry — all of whom have won the AFL Rookie of the Year award at wide receiver.
Blaze on the air
Arizona Rattlers (1-0) at Utah Blaze (1-0)
Friday, 7:30 p.m.
- High school boys basketball: TJ Haws' career...
- Duke's Jabari Parker faces tough stay-or-go...
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of 3-pointers,...
- High school boys basketball: Bountiful...
- BYU basketball: Cougars leery of facing...
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak...
- Tournament central: 5A boys championship live...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up short...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 83
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 56
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 49
- BYU baseball: BYU beats Utah, 20-3 47
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 43
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 29
- CougarLinks: BYU picked to win WCC... 28