Utah Blaze host Arizona in rematch of 2012 Western Conference finals
SALT LAKE CITY — "Bad blood" is an understatement for the feelings the Utah Blaze and Arizona Rattlers share for each other.
Add in the fact that former Blaze wideout Tysson Poots, who caught 30 touchdowns in orange and black last season, joined the team that beat Utah in the Western Conference finals in 2012 only complicates the already prevelent tensions.
The Rattlers (1-0), coming off a 66-52 win against Philadelphia, enter EnergySolutions Arena as the perennial favorites to repeat as AFL champions. The Blaze are looking to end a treacherous history of losing to Arizona (3-11 all time) with a statement win.
Kickoff will sail at 7:30 p.m. Friday.
Arizona is led by quarterback Nick Davila, along with Rod Windsor, Maurice Purify and Jared Perry — all of whom have won the AFL Rookie of the Year award at wide receiver.
Blaze on the air
Arizona Rattlers (1-0) at Utah Blaze (1-0)
Friday, 7:30 p.m.
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 81
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 66
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 53
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 33
- Phil Steele 2016 Football magazine... 29
- Pac-12 South: Bruins the favorite, but... 22