SALT LAKE CITY — "Bad blood" is an understatement for the feelings the Utah Blaze and Arizona Rattlers share for each other.
Add in the fact that former Blaze wideout Tysson Poots, who caught 30 touchdowns in orange and black last season, joined the team that beat Utah in the Western Conference finals in 2012 only complicates the already prevelent tensions.
The Rattlers (1-0), coming off a 66-52 win against Philadelphia, enter EnergySolutions Arena as the perennial favorites to repeat as AFL champions. The Blaze are looking to end a treacherous history of losing to Arizona (3-11 all time) with a statement win.
Kickoff will sail at 7:30 p.m. Friday.
Arizona is led by quarterback Nick Davila, along with Rod Windsor, Maurice Purify and Jared Perry — all of whom have won the AFL Rookie of the Year award at wide receiver.
Blaze on the air
Arizona Rattlers (1-0) at Utah Blaze (1-0)
Friday, 7:30 p.m.
- BYU football: Cougars to play Washington in...
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- Utah State football: Aggies will take on No....
- Former Cougar Dennis Pitta scores first...
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Utah State football: Aggie defense plays...
- BYU basketball report card: Cougars give...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz continue slide with overtime...
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 61
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 53
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 52
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 40
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 37
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass,... 27
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie... 27