Utah Jazz: Corbin & Co. 'love' their chances to make playoffs
"You can't look around the corner at what could've, should've, would've been," Corbin said. "We are where we are, so let's make the most of where we are now."
Jefferson has been in playoff mode for a week or so now. And he remembers how the Jazz went on a season-ending six-game winning streak to make the playoffs 12 months ago.
"Just like last year, every game counted," he said. "It worked out for us last year. Hopefully, we can keep playing hard and keep winning games."
"We're right there. We're close," Jazz small forward Gordon Hayward added. "We've got to try to take care of each and every game. I think if we win out, we should be all right. We've got to focus each game one game at a time."
Corbin smiled while thinking about the pressure-packed schedule ahead of the Jazz.
"You've got to love it. If you're a competitor, you've got to love this time," he said. "You've got an opportunity, and that's the thing that you have to thrive on.
"You're in the fight. Every game counts. Every possession is huge," he continued. "You have a chance to play as well as you need to win games and see what happens. Competitors love these times."
Corbin also loves how the contenders and pretenders distinguish themselves during March Madness action.
"You're 72 games into the season. Mentally, you're a little drained. Physically, you're a little drained. But we're in the fight," he said. "This is where you figure out what guys are made of. While everybody's tired and beat up, who can fight their way through it and still perform?
"This team has shown a lot of resilience all year and we expect it to continue."
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- A good life: Former Weber State, NFL...
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 104
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 102
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 99
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 50
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 34
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 27
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 26