Utah Jazz: Corbin & Co. 'love' their chances to make playoffs
"You can't look around the corner at what could've, should've, would've been," Corbin said. "We are where we are, so let's make the most of where we are now."
Jefferson has been in playoff mode for a week or so now. And he remembers how the Jazz went on a season-ending six-game winning streak to make the playoffs 12 months ago.
"Just like last year, every game counted," he said. "It worked out for us last year. Hopefully, we can keep playing hard and keep winning games."
"We're right there. We're close," Jazz small forward Gordon Hayward added. "We've got to try to take care of each and every game. I think if we win out, we should be all right. We've got to focus each game one game at a time."
Corbin smiled while thinking about the pressure-packed schedule ahead of the Jazz.
"You've got to love it. If you're a competitor, you've got to love this time," he said. "You've got an opportunity, and that's the thing that you have to thrive on.
"You're in the fight. Every game counts. Every possession is huge," he continued. "You have a chance to play as well as you need to win games and see what happens. Competitors love these times."
Corbin also loves how the contenders and pretenders distinguish themselves during March Madness action.
"You're 72 games into the season. Mentally, you're a little drained. Physically, you're a little drained. But we're in the fight," he said. "This is where you figure out what guys are made of. While everybody's tired and beat up, who can fight their way through it and still perform?
"This team has shown a lot of resilience all year and we expect it to continue."
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU downs BYU...
- Records fall as BYU, Chase Fischer shoot past...
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants freshmen to...
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- BYU basketball instant analysis: There are...
- Rock On: Bronco misses the mark, Utes given...
- 4A boys basketball for 2014-15 season
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 159
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 93
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 63
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 43
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 42
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 32
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 30