PROVO, Utah - The men’s track team will split up this weekend to compete in three meets - the Texas Relays, the Stanford Invitational and the UVU Hal Wing Collegiate Invitational.
The Texas Relays will take place at Mike A. Myers Track Stadium in Austin, Texas, on Friday and Saturday. The Cougars will compete against No. 4 Texas, No. 6 Oregon and No. 12 UCLA among others.
“It’ll be a good weekend for us in terms of seeing improvement,” head coach Mark Robison said. “We need to get more repetition and we’ll get a lot of our athletes competing this week across the three meets. At Stanford and Texas we’ll have some phenomenal competition.”
The Stanford Invitational will be held at Cobb Track and Angell Field in Stanford, Calif., on Friday and Saturday. The Cougars will send most of their distance runners to Stanford to compete against athletes from No. 2 Arkansas, No. 6 Oregon and No. 20 Arizona. The UVU Hal Wing Collegiate Invitational will take place on Friday at Hal Wing Track and Field.
BYU hopes to continue to see improvement as the young outdoor season progresses.
“We’ve been fortunate to have great weather here so we’ve been able to have good practices outdoors,” Robison said. “It makes a big difference to get that repetition outdoors instead of at our indoor facility.”
Action starts in Texas at 10 a.m. CDT on Friday morning. The Stanford Invitational will begin at 11 a.m. PDT, and the UVU Invitational will start at 8:30 a.m. MDT.
Mason Porter is a Sports Information Director for BYU Athletic Communications. Contact him at email@example.com.
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 54
- High school football: State tournament... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 30