PROVO, Utah - The men’s track team will split up this weekend to compete in three meets - the Texas Relays, the Stanford Invitational and the UVU Hal Wing Collegiate Invitational.
The Texas Relays will take place at Mike A. Myers Track Stadium in Austin, Texas, on Friday and Saturday. The Cougars will compete against No. 4 Texas, No. 6 Oregon and No. 12 UCLA among others.
“It’ll be a good weekend for us in terms of seeing improvement,” head coach Mark Robison said. “We need to get more repetition and we’ll get a lot of our athletes competing this week across the three meets. At Stanford and Texas we’ll have some phenomenal competition.”
The Stanford Invitational will be held at Cobb Track and Angell Field in Stanford, Calif., on Friday and Saturday. The Cougars will send most of their distance runners to Stanford to compete against athletes from No. 2 Arkansas, No. 6 Oregon and No. 20 Arizona. The UVU Hal Wing Collegiate Invitational will take place on Friday at Hal Wing Track and Field.
BYU hopes to continue to see improvement as the young outdoor season progresses.
“We’ve been fortunate to have great weather here so we’ve been able to have good practices outdoors,” Robison said. “It makes a big difference to get that repetition outdoors instead of at our indoor facility.”
Action starts in Texas at 10 a.m. CDT on Friday morning. The Stanford Invitational will begin at 11 a.m. PDT, and the UVU Invitational will start at 8:30 a.m. MDT.
Mason Porter is a Sports Information Director for BYU Athletic Communications. Contact him at email@example.com.
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 78
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14