PROVO, Utah - The men’s track team will split up this weekend to compete in three meets - the Texas Relays, the Stanford Invitational and the UVU Hal Wing Collegiate Invitational.
The Texas Relays will take place at Mike A. Myers Track Stadium in Austin, Texas, on Friday and Saturday. The Cougars will compete against No. 4 Texas, No. 6 Oregon and No. 12 UCLA among others.
“It’ll be a good weekend for us in terms of seeing improvement,” head coach Mark Robison said. “We need to get more repetition and we’ll get a lot of our athletes competing this week across the three meets. At Stanford and Texas we’ll have some phenomenal competition.”
The Stanford Invitational will be held at Cobb Track and Angell Field in Stanford, Calif., on Friday and Saturday. The Cougars will send most of their distance runners to Stanford to compete against athletes from No. 2 Arkansas, No. 6 Oregon and No. 20 Arizona. The UVU Hal Wing Collegiate Invitational will take place on Friday at Hal Wing Track and Field.
BYU hopes to continue to see improvement as the young outdoor season progresses.
“We’ve been fortunate to have great weather here so we’ve been able to have good practices outdoors,” Robison said. “It makes a big difference to get that repetition outdoors instead of at our indoor facility.”
Action starts in Texas at 10 a.m. CDT on Friday morning. The Stanford Invitational will begin at 11 a.m. PDT, and the UVU Invitational will start at 8:30 a.m. MDT.
Mason Porter is a Sports Information Director for BYU Athletic Communications. Contact him at email@example.com.
- Ranking the best NBA players to ever come out...
- BYU basketball: Confident San Francisco...
- Former Lone Peak center Justin Hamilton makes...
- 15 lessons learned from a BYU rugby game
- Utah Jazz: Boos for Paul Millsap?...
- Basketball bonds: Hoops have tied Utah star...
- Photo story: What teenagers taught me at the...
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 84
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 73
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 57
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes eager to... 29
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26
- Krystkowiak asks Runnin' Utes to stay... 24