Police consider possibility of arson in string of 3 small fires
MIDVALE — Police are investigating a string of small fires that occurred in the same neighborhood early Thurdsay.
While it remains unclear whether the fires, including two fences and a vehicle near 185 E. 7660 South, are related, officials are considering a possibility of arson, said Unified Fire Authority Capt. Clint Mecham. The initial fire was reported at about 5 a.m., with the other two happening within 40 minutes.
No one was injured as a result of the fires and flames were quickly extinguished, Mecham said.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8