Police consider possibility of arson in string of 3 small fires
MIDVALE — Police are investigating a string of small fires that occurred in the same neighborhood early Thurdsay.
While it remains unclear whether the fires, including two fences and a vehicle near 185 E. 7660 South, are related, officials are considering a possibility of arson, said Unified Fire Authority Capt. Clint Mecham. The initial fire was reported at about 5 a.m., with the other two happening within 40 minutes.
No one was injured as a result of the fires and flames were quickly extinguished, Mecham said.
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Driver in DUI crash that maimed 11-year-old...
- Got an emergency? You can now text 911 in 3...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 28
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Report: Communication breakdowns... 10
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 10