Police consider possibility of arson in string of 3 small fires
MIDVALE — Police are investigating a string of small fires that occurred in the same neighborhood early Thurdsay.
While it remains unclear whether the fires, including two fences and a vehicle near 185 E. 7660 South, are related, officials are considering a possibility of arson, said Unified Fire Authority Capt. Clint Mecham. The initial fire was reported at about 5 a.m., with the other two happening within 40 minutes.
No one was injured as a result of the fires and flames were quickly extinguished, Mecham said.
- Hope in a crisis: School, community leaders...
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Eagle Mountain man killed in alleged domestic...
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Five sites now under consideration for new...
- Becky Lockhart remembered on Rare Disease Day...
- Prosecutors: Woman killed girlfriend with 46...
- Want to land your dream job? 4 must-do things
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 263
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 33
- House panel approves bill to require... 26
- Prophets and presidents: 11 noteworthy... 23
- Utah Senate rejects delay to Count My... 19
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 16