Police consider possibility of arson in string of 3 small fires
MIDVALE — Police are investigating a string of small fires that occurred in the same neighborhood early Thurdsay.
While it remains unclear whether the fires, including two fences and a vehicle near 185 E. 7660 South, are related, officials are considering a possibility of arson, said Unified Fire Authority Capt. Clint Mecham. The initial fire was reported at about 5 a.m., with the other two happening within 40 minutes.
No one was injured as a result of the fires and flames were quickly extinguished, Mecham said.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 66
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 30
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18