Police consider possibility of arson in string of 3 small fires
MIDVALE — Police are investigating a string of small fires that occurred in the same neighborhood early Thurdsay.
While it remains unclear whether the fires, including two fences and a vehicle near 185 E. 7660 South, are related, officials are considering a possibility of arson, said Unified Fire Authority Capt. Clint Mecham. The initial fire was reported at about 5 a.m., with the other two happening within 40 minutes.
No one was injured as a result of the fires and flames were quickly extinguished, Mecham said.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Ann Romney on likability, Hillary Clinton, MS...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 21
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15