BYU football: Ziggy Ansah will attend NFL draft over graduation
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Ziggy Ansah originally thought he would attend his graduation ceremony from BYU instead of the NFL draft in New York City.
Promptly following this decision, he got a lot of grief from his friends.
"I wasn't going to go (to the draft). I was going to be educational — I've got to walk at my graduation," Ansah told USA Today sports. "But then I got the invitation from the NFL, and I have my friends telling me, 'What the heck is wrong with you? You're going to go walk? Don't be stupid.’ ”
With a little bit of influence from his peers, Ansah changed his mind and will attend the draft.
The two life-changing events are scheduled for the same day, April 25. Ansah's counselor at BYU is arranging for him to walk at a different ceremony so he can have both experiences.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- College football predictions: How will... 140
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 48
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42