BYU football: Ziggy Ansah will attend NFL draft over graduation
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Ziggy Ansah originally thought he would attend his graduation ceremony from BYU instead of the NFL draft in New York City.
Promptly following this decision, he got a lot of grief from his friends.
"I wasn't going to go (to the draft). I was going to be educational — I've got to walk at my graduation," Ansah told USA Today sports. "But then I got the invitation from the NFL, and I have my friends telling me, 'What the heck is wrong with you? You're going to go walk? Don't be stupid.’ ”
With a little bit of influence from his peers, Ansah changed his mind and will attend the draft.
The two life-changing events are scheduled for the same day, April 25. Ansah's counselor at BYU is arranging for him to walk at a different ceremony so he can have both experiences.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 78
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 64
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Annual instate college basketball... 37
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 32
- Phil Steele 2016 Football magazine... 29