BYU football: Ziggy Ansah will attend NFL draft over graduation
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Ziggy Ansah originally thought he would attend his graduation ceremony from BYU instead of the NFL draft in New York City.
Promptly following this decision, he got a lot of grief from his friends.
"I wasn't going to go (to the draft). I was going to be educational — I've got to walk at my graduation," Ansah told USA Today sports. "But then I got the invitation from the NFL, and I have my friends telling me, 'What the heck is wrong with you? You're going to go walk? Don't be stupid.’ ”
With a little bit of influence from his peers, Ansah changed his mind and will attend the draft.
The two life-changing events are scheduled for the same day, April 25. Ansah's counselor at BYU is arranging for him to walk at a different ceremony so he can have both experiences.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes as...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- BYU players work out at Pro Day in hopes of...
- Former Duke and Utah player Chris Burgess...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 100
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- Jazz lose to undermanned, tired... 16