BYU football: Ziggy Ansah will attend NFL draft over graduation
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Ziggy Ansah originally thought he would attend his graduation ceremony from BYU instead of the NFL draft in New York City.
Promptly following this decision, he got a lot of grief from his friends.
"I wasn't going to go (to the draft). I was going to be educational — I've got to walk at my graduation," Ansah told USA Today sports. "But then I got the invitation from the NFL, and I have my friends telling me, 'What the heck is wrong with you? You're going to go walk? Don't be stupid.’ ”
With a little bit of influence from his peers, Ansah changed his mind and will attend the draft.
The two life-changing events are scheduled for the same day, April 25. Ansah's counselor at BYU is arranging for him to walk at a different ceremony so he can have both experiences.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 147
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 48
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27