BYU beats Southern Miss to storm into NIT final four, 79-62
BYU is headed to New York to play in the NIT semifinals after beating No. 1 seed Southern Miss, 79-62 Wednesday night.
Impressive shooting helped the Cougars achieve the road victory, led by Tyler Haws with the game high 25 points, and two players with double-doubles. Brock Zylstra had 23 points and 10 rebounds, and Brandon Davies had 12 points and 11 rebounds.
The Cougars also had 24 assists in the game, led by Matt Carlino with nine. BYU was shooting well from all over the court, and made 11 three-pointers on the night.
The Cougars will now go on to face either Baylor or Providence in the Final Four.
Read on for some of the social media highlights from Cougar fans as BYU stormed to victory.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22