BYU tennis: women's team plays last two road matches of the season
PROVO, Utah — After dropping two matches last week on the road, the BYU women’s tennis team returns to California to face two conference opponents in No. 51 San Diego and No. 43 Saint Mary’s.
BYU (7-7, 1-2 West Coast Conference) faces the Toreros on Friday at 1:30 p.m. PDT and the Gaels at 10 a.m. PDT on Saturday.
A winner of five straight matches, senior Aubrey Paul leads the team with 11 singles wins this season.
Last week, sophomore Meghan Sheehan-Dizon played at the No. 2 singles position for just the third time this year. On Saturday, she topped Santa Clara’s Kelly Lamble in three sets.
San Diego (7-7, 2-1 WCC) has won four of its last fives matches. No. 108 Laura Claus, who plays at the No. 1 singles position, represents the Toreros in the national ITA polls.
Saint Mary’s (9-7, 4-0 WCC) has won two straight matches, including a 5-0 victory over San Diego. The Gaels are led by No. 17 Jenny Jullien at the No. 1 singles position.
The Cougars will finish the 2013 regular season with four consecutive matches at home beginning with Washington State, which comes to Provo on April 8. The match is set to start at 10 a.m. MDT. and will be played at the outdoor tennis courts, south of the Smith Fieldhouse, weather permitting.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 110
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 42
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 29
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15
- Dick Harmon: While away from BYU, Tejan... 15
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 15
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14