OREM, Utah — The Utah Valley University men's and women's track and field teams are hosting the 3rd Annual UVU Collegiate Friday at the Hal Wing Track & Field.
Competition begins at 8:30 a.m. with the men's discus. Results can be followed at www.runnercard.com.
In addition to host UVU, BYU, Southern Utah, Weber State, Utah State, Utah, Westminster, Boise State, Idaho State and University of Colorado-Mesa will participate in the event.
"With the weather and the competition, we are expecting some good times," UVU track and field coach Scott Houle said. "We're able to stay at home and not have to worry about school for the most part."
The UVU Collegiate is the first of four Utah meets the Wolverines will participate in. Later in the year, the Wolverines will compete in meets at BYU, Weber State, Utah State and Utah.
Last year, the Wolverines claimed eight first-place finishes at the UVU Collegiate.
Jumping events get under way at 10 a.m. with the men's and women's long jump, and the running events begin at 12:30 p.m. with the steeplechase.
The Wolverines haven't competed since the Aztec Invitational on March 14-16.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45