OREM, Utah — The Utah Valley University men's and women's track and field teams are hosting the 3rd Annual UVU Collegiate Friday at the Hal Wing Track & Field.
Competition begins at 8:30 a.m. with the men's discus. Results can be followed at www.runnercard.com.
In addition to host UVU, BYU, Southern Utah, Weber State, Utah State, Utah, Westminster, Boise State, Idaho State and University of Colorado-Mesa will participate in the event.
"With the weather and the competition, we are expecting some good times," UVU track and field coach Scott Houle said. "We're able to stay at home and not have to worry about school for the most part."
The UVU Collegiate is the first of four Utah meets the Wolverines will participate in. Later in the year, the Wolverines will compete in meets at BYU, Weber State, Utah State and Utah.
Last year, the Wolverines claimed eight first-place finishes at the UVU Collegiate.
Jumping events get under way at 10 a.m. with the men's and women's long jump, and the running events begin at 12:30 p.m. with the steeplechase.
The Wolverines haven't competed since the Aztec Invitational on March 14-16.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Olympic organizers suspect 'isolated'...
- Cavaliers re-sign veteran forward Richard...
- Jimmy Walker opens with 65 at stifling PGA;...
- Akpom scores deciding goal as Arsenal tops...
- Streb shoots 63 and joins Walker in lead at PGA
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 65
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 58
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 52
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 40
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 20