OREM, Utah — The Utah Valley University men's and women's track and field teams are hosting the 3rd Annual UVU Collegiate Friday at the Hal Wing Track & Field.
Competition begins at 8:30 a.m. with the men's discus. Results can be followed at www.runnercard.com.
In addition to host UVU, BYU, Southern Utah, Weber State, Utah State, Utah, Westminster, Boise State, Idaho State and University of Colorado-Mesa will participate in the event.
"With the weather and the competition, we are expecting some good times," UVU track and field coach Scott Houle said. "We're able to stay at home and not have to worry about school for the most part."
The UVU Collegiate is the first of four Utah meets the Wolverines will participate in. Later in the year, the Wolverines will compete in meets at BYU, Weber State, Utah State and Utah.
Last year, the Wolverines claimed eight first-place finishes at the UVU Collegiate.
Jumping events get under way at 10 a.m. with the men's and women's long jump, and the running events begin at 12:30 p.m. with the steeplechase.
The Wolverines haven't competed since the Aztec Invitational on March 14-16.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19