OREM, Utah — The Utah Valley University men's and women's track and field teams are hosting the 3rd Annual UVU Collegiate Friday at the Hal Wing Track & Field.
Competition begins at 8:30 a.m. with the men's discus. Results can be followed at www.runnercard.com.
In addition to host UVU, BYU, Southern Utah, Weber State, Utah State, Utah, Westminster, Boise State, Idaho State and University of Colorado-Mesa will participate in the event.
"With the weather and the competition, we are expecting some good times," UVU track and field coach Scott Houle said. "We're able to stay at home and not have to worry about school for the most part."
The UVU Collegiate is the first of four Utah meets the Wolverines will participate in. Later in the year, the Wolverines will compete in meets at BYU, Weber State, Utah State and Utah.
Last year, the Wolverines claimed eight first-place finishes at the UVU Collegiate.
Jumping events get under way at 10 a.m. with the men's and women's long jump, and the running events begin at 12:30 p.m. with the steeplechase.
The Wolverines haven't competed since the Aztec Invitational on March 14-16.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 124
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 48
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 29
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 22
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15
- Dick Harmon: While away from BYU, Tejan... 15
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14