OREM, Utah — The Utah Valley University men's and women's track and field teams are hosting the 3rd Annual UVU Collegiate Friday at the Hal Wing Track & Field.
Competition begins at 8:30 a.m. with the men's discus. Results can be followed at www.runnercard.com.
In addition to host UVU, BYU, Southern Utah, Weber State, Utah State, Utah, Westminster, Boise State, Idaho State and University of Colorado-Mesa will participate in the event.
"With the weather and the competition, we are expecting some good times," UVU track and field coach Scott Houle said. "We're able to stay at home and not have to worry about school for the most part."
The UVU Collegiate is the first of four Utah meets the Wolverines will participate in. Later in the year, the Wolverines will compete in meets at BYU, Weber State, Utah State and Utah.
Last year, the Wolverines claimed eight first-place finishes at the UVU Collegiate.
Jumping events get under way at 10 a.m. with the men's and women's long jump, and the running events begin at 12:30 p.m. with the steeplechase.
The Wolverines haven't competed since the Aztec Invitational on March 14-16.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that... 147
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 101
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25