OREM, Utah — The Utah Valley University men's and women's track and field teams are hosting the 3rd Annual UVU Collegiate Friday at the Hal Wing Track & Field.
Competition begins at 8:30 a.m. with the men's discus. Results can be followed at www.runnercard.com.
In addition to host UVU, BYU, Southern Utah, Weber State, Utah State, Utah, Westminster, Boise State, Idaho State and University of Colorado-Mesa will participate in the event.
"With the weather and the competition, we are expecting some good times," UVU track and field coach Scott Houle said. "We're able to stay at home and not have to worry about school for the most part."
The UVU Collegiate is the first of four Utah meets the Wolverines will participate in. Later in the year, the Wolverines will compete in meets at BYU, Weber State, Utah State and Utah.
Last year, the Wolverines claimed eight first-place finishes at the UVU Collegiate.
Jumping events get under way at 10 a.m. with the men's and women's long jump, and the running events begin at 12:30 p.m. with the steeplechase.
The Wolverines haven't competed since the Aztec Invitational on March 14-16.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 45
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 21
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 10
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 8
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to... 7