OREM, Utah — The Utah Valley University men's and women's track and field teams are hosting the 3rd Annual UVU Collegiate Friday at the Hal Wing Track & Field.
Competition begins at 8:30 a.m. with the men's discus. Results can be followed at www.runnercard.com.
In addition to host UVU, BYU, Southern Utah, Weber State, Utah State, Utah, Westminster, Boise State, Idaho State and University of Colorado-Mesa will participate in the event.
"With the weather and the competition, we are expecting some good times," UVU track and field coach Scott Houle said. "We're able to stay at home and not have to worry about school for the most part."
The UVU Collegiate is the first of four Utah meets the Wolverines will participate in. Later in the year, the Wolverines will compete in meets at BYU, Weber State, Utah State and Utah.
Last year, the Wolverines claimed eight first-place finishes at the UVU Collegiate.
Jumping events get under way at 10 a.m. with the men's and women's long jump, and the running events begin at 12:30 p.m. with the steeplechase.
The Wolverines haven't competed since the Aztec Invitational on March 14-16.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- Brad Rock: Utah Jazz still don't have the...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 285
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 77
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 48
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 38
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37