Man charged with providing getaway vehicle in Midvale triple homicide
MIDVALE — A man arrested in connection with a triple homicide has been charged with obstruction of justice after police say he provided a truck and accompanied the man accused of murdering three people in a Midvale home.
Davis Romney Fotu, 33, was arrested March 19, more than a month after a two-day manhunt led to the capture of David Fresques, who is charged with three counts of aggravated murder.
Fotu was charged in 3rd District Court Monday with obstructing justice, a second-degree felony.
Fotu accompanied Fresques to 8286 S. Adams St., which police have called a known narcotics house, early on Feb. 12, the charges state.
Fresques first opened fire in the living room, killing Omar Jarman, 35, and Shontay Young, 34, according to the charging documents. Police say Fresques then moved to a bedroom where he shot and killed Danielle Lucero, 26, and then went to a second bedroom where he shot another woman, Vickie Myers, wounding her in the shoulder.
Three other people in the home were not harmed.
Fotu told police he was with Fresques when the homicides occurred, and that he gave Fresques his vehicle, telling him to take the truck and park it somewhere safe, the charges state. Fresques was later found with Fotu's vehicle.
Fotu was arrested weeks later at another Midvale home at 3962 S. 2700 East, when Unified police officers and probation officers arrived there to "check on a probationer in regards to a narcotics complaint."
When Fotu failed to comply with officers who recognized him as the second man wanted in the triple homicide, they deployed a Taser and took him into custody.
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's...
- Friends, family remember sister missionary...
- 7 more of the most infamous criminals in Utah...
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- UHP trooper hit during I-15 traffic stop
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 19
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 10