Man charged with providing getaway vehicle in Midvale triple homicide
MIDVALE — A man arrested in connection with a triple homicide has been charged with obstruction of justice after police say he provided a truck and accompanied the man accused of murdering three people in a Midvale home.
Davis Romney Fotu, 33, was arrested March 19, more than a month after a two-day manhunt led to the capture of David Fresques, who is charged with three counts of aggravated murder.
Fotu was charged in 3rd District Court Monday with obstructing justice, a second-degree felony.
Fotu accompanied Fresques to 8286 S. Adams St., which police have called a known narcotics house, early on Feb. 12, the charges state.
Fresques first opened fire in the living room, killing Omar Jarman, 35, and Shontay Young, 34, according to the charging documents. Police say Fresques then moved to a bedroom where he shot and killed Danielle Lucero, 26, and then went to a second bedroom where he shot another woman, Vickie Myers, wounding her in the shoulder.
Three other people in the home were not harmed.
Fotu told police he was with Fresques when the homicides occurred, and that he gave Fresques his vehicle, telling him to take the truck and park it somewhere safe, the charges state. Fresques was later found with Fotu's vehicle.
Fotu was arrested weeks later at another Midvale home at 3962 S. 2700 East, when Unified police officers and probation officers arrived there to "check on a probationer in regards to a narcotics complaint."
When Fotu failed to comply with officers who recognized him as the second man wanted in the triple homicide, they deployed a Taser and took him into custody.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 35
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13