MIDVALE — A man arrested in connection with a triple homicide has been charged with obstruction of justice after police say he provided a truck and accompanied the man accused of murdering three people in a Midvale home.
Davis Romney Fotu, 33, was arrested March 19, more than a month after a two-day manhunt led to the capture of David Fresques, who is charged with three counts of aggravated murder.
Fotu was charged in 3rd District Court Monday with obstructing justice, a second-degree felony.
Fotu accompanied Fresques to 8286 S. Adams St., which police have called a known narcotics house, early on Feb. 12, the charges state.
Fresques first opened fire in the living room, killing Omar Jarman, 35, and Shontay Young, 34, according to the charging documents. Police say Fresques then moved to a bedroom where he shot and killed Danielle Lucero, 26, and then went to a second bedroom where he shot another woman, Vickie Myers, wounding her in the shoulder.
Three other people in the home were not harmed.
Fotu told police he was with Fresques when the homicides occurred, and that he gave Fresques his vehicle, telling him to take the truck and park it somewhere safe, the charges state. Fresques was later found with Fotu's vehicle.
Fotu was arrested weeks later at another Midvale home at 3962 S. 2700 East, when Unified police officers and probation officers arrived there to "check on a probationer in regards to a narcotics complaint."
When Fotu failed to comply with officers who recognized him as the second man wanted in the triple homicide, they deployed a Taser and took him into custody.
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists overnight...
- About Utah: After 72 years, Keith Hottinger...
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on getting...
- The pipes are calling: Salt Lake Methodist...
- Drunk driver crashes through West Valley...
- Hill Air Force Base employee killed in...
- Ute Tribe sues Wasatch County over...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 106
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 44
- As winter takes hold, needs increase... 29
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 27
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 23
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 16
- Martin MacNeill cuts self with razor in... 15
- Former Attorney General John Swallow... 13