Man charged with providing getaway vehicle in Midvale triple homicide
MIDVALE — A man arrested in connection with a triple homicide has been charged with obstruction of justice after police say he provided a truck and accompanied the man accused of murdering three people in a Midvale home.
Davis Romney Fotu, 33, was arrested March 19, more than a month after a two-day manhunt led to the capture of David Fresques, who is charged with three counts of aggravated murder.
Fotu was charged in 3rd District Court Monday with obstructing justice, a second-degree felony.
Fotu accompanied Fresques to 8286 S. Adams St., which police have called a known narcotics house, early on Feb. 12, the charges state.
Fresques first opened fire in the living room, killing Omar Jarman, 35, and Shontay Young, 34, according to the charging documents. Police say Fresques then moved to a bedroom where he shot and killed Danielle Lucero, 26, and then went to a second bedroom where he shot another woman, Vickie Myers, wounding her in the shoulder.
Three other people in the home were not harmed.
Fotu told police he was with Fresques when the homicides occurred, and that he gave Fresques his vehicle, telling him to take the truck and park it somewhere safe, the charges state. Fresques was later found with Fotu's vehicle.
Fotu was arrested weeks later at another Midvale home at 3962 S. 2700 East, when Unified police officers and probation officers arrived there to "check on a probationer in regards to a narcotics complaint."
When Fotu failed to comply with officers who recognized him as the second man wanted in the triple homicide, they deployed a Taser and took him into custody.
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22