"When I was in fifth grade I had the opportunity to attend Victor's Christa McAuliffe Space Center as a field trip," Gardiner said. "The experience captured my imagination and never let go.
"From that very young age I dreamed of expanding the magical experience so more children than ever before — young and old — could feel the exhilaration of adventure that I felt.
"This dream had a powerful influence on my life. It is one of the underlying motivations behind my education. I learned programming, graphic arts, design, 3D modeling, animation, storytelling, creative writing, and business — some through school, others self-taught — all in pursuit of this dream.
"Victor Williamson was a master at blending the disciplines, and Dream Flight Adventures exists so a new generation of kids can enjoy that transformative experience," he said.
"It's amazing, the power of the program," Williamson said.
"It was a huge student endeavor," Williamson said. "It was two-sided, the participants learned certain lessons and the students behind the scenes learned others.
"It's reaffirmed my belief that this kind of education is the wave of the future."
Space Center director retires
As the man behind the scenes at the Christa McAuliffe Space Education Center, Victor Williamson has built five spaceship simulators to make learning memorable and push the frontier of education.
Sharon Haddock is a professional writer with 35 years experience, 17 at the Deseret News. Her personal blog is at sharonhaddock.blogspot.com.
- Hillcrest students, others show support for...
- Police: 2 teens killed in Sandy crash...
- 'Another piece to the puzzle': Census reveals...
- First prison relocation open house changes...
- Warrant issued for Vernal mother accused of...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- New details in court reveal alleged shooter...
- A Stirling success: For dancing violinist,...
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter 42
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 30
- Legalize medical marijuana? Utahns... 28
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah's air pollution problem: What does... 17