USU tennis: Aggies hit the road to Boise for back-to-back dual matches
Utah State men's tennis will hit the road to Boise, Idaho, to take on UC Santa Barbara and Boise State in back-to-back dual matches. The Aggies will compete Wednesday, Mar. 27, with UC Santa Barbara and Thursday, Mar. 28, with Boise State. Both matches are scheduled for a 1 p.m. MT start time.
Utah State is currently 5-7 overall for the spring season and 0-1 in Western Athletic Conference play. Leading the Aggies this weekend will be senior Sven Poslusny, who is currently 8-3 in the No. 1 singles position. Junior Fredrik Peterson is currently 6-6 overall in singles play for the spring season, and sophomore Matt Sweet is sitting at 5-6 in singles action. In doubles action, Poslusny and Sweet are currently 3-1 in the first position, while Peterson and sophomore partner Sean Levesque are 5-2 in the second position.
After this weekend, USU will travel to Ogden to take on in-state rival Weber State on Wednesday, Apr. 3. In the first match up this season, Utah State came away with a 4-3 win.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- BYU jumps into national spotlight after big...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars held...
- Holmoe assesses the state of the program as...
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU matchup...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the NFL,...
- Photos: BYU welcomed by fans at Provo Airport
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 106
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 79
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 64
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 31
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU... 29
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at... 27
- Holmoe assesses the state of the... 25