USU tennis: Aggies hit the road to Boise for back-to-back dual matches
Utah State men's tennis will hit the road to Boise, Idaho, to take on UC Santa Barbara and Boise State in back-to-back dual matches. The Aggies will compete Wednesday, Mar. 27, with UC Santa Barbara and Thursday, Mar. 28, with Boise State. Both matches are scheduled for a 1 p.m. MT start time.
Utah State is currently 5-7 overall for the spring season and 0-1 in Western Athletic Conference play. Leading the Aggies this weekend will be senior Sven Poslusny, who is currently 8-3 in the No. 1 singles position. Junior Fredrik Peterson is currently 6-6 overall in singles play for the spring season, and sophomore Matt Sweet is sitting at 5-6 in singles action. In doubles action, Poslusny and Sweet are currently 3-1 in the first position, while Peterson and sophomore partner Sean Levesque are 5-2 in the second position.
After this weekend, USU will travel to Ogden to take on in-state rival Weber State on Wednesday, Apr. 3. In the first match up this season, Utah State came away with a 4-3 win.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26