PROVO, Utah — Fans will soon be able to watch games live from wherever they want to as games are streamed live by two media outlets.
KSL and the Deseret News are teaming with the Brigham Young University men’s soccer team to stream home games live on their websites. In addition to that, the BYU team will have the stream embedded right on the site at www.byusoccer.com.
“This is great news for our players,” head coach Christopher Watkins said. “We’ll be able to broadcast our skills to a wider audience, and draw in a wider audience, whether it’s on the South Field, or online.”
Steaming the games online will allows fans to catch the games even if they can’t make it for that particular day.
"We are thrilled to be the broadcast partner of BYU Soccer, Kyle Christensen, content manager for Deseret Digital Media, said. “Their student athletes are exemplary players aspiring to live lives of high character.”
As a semi-professional team, the men’s soccer team plays in a league that feeds players to Major League Soccer, an impressive feat for a college team.
“Over the years, BYU's soccer programs have steadily increased in popularity and talent,” Christensen said. “With our expanding digital reach, we hope to continue that trend.”
The team plays in the semi-professional Premier Development League. The team has been playing in the league since May 2003. BYU’s team was the first university-sponsored soccer program to purchase a franchise and compete at this higher level.
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- 7 Russian swimmers to miss Rio Olympics over...
- Michael Jordan gives $2 million; looks to...
- Cubs get closer Aroldis Chapman in trade with...
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 51
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 34
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 19