The third year pro out of UCLA didn’t show All-Star status at EnergySolutions Arena in Salt Lake City. In fact, it was hard to believe he’s the same guy who had a monster left-handed dunk in the 2013 All-Star Game that fueled the East in the middle of the second quarter.
Holiday, along with the rest of the 76ers starters, was benched after just a few minutes of play in the first quarter when the Jazz got off to a quick lead. The Jazz held the All-Star to a scoreless first quarter and took advantage of the lackadaisical defense from the 76ers.
In his previous 10 games, Holiday has averaged 39.3 minutes per game and 15.9 points. After playing just over four minutes in the first quarter, Holiday only saw 20 more minutes the rest of the game.
Over the course of the 2012-13 season, Holiday has averaged All-Star numbers with 18.6 points per game, 8.7 assists per game, 4.4 rebounds per game and 38.6 minutes per game.
The Jazz held him to just seven points, one rebound, one assist, and merely 24 minutes of play in their win Monday night. Such a performance makes 76ers fans and Holiday fans in general wonder if the All-Star has given up on the season.
The 76ers fell to 27-43 while the Jazz improved to just under .500 with a record of 35-36. Both teams rank ninth in conference standings for the East and West and are currently out of the playoff run.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33