Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Rabbi Benny Zippel of Chabad Lubavitch led two of his children Moishe and Chaim in burning leavened food items Monday outside of Chabad Lubavitch prior to the beginning of the Jewish feast of Passover.
The eight-day festival of Passover is celebrated in the early spring and commemorates the emancipation of the Israelites from slavery in ancient Egypt, according to the Jewish website Chabad.org.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- BYU Museum of Art acquires previously lost...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Grantsville residents tell Prison Relocation...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 41
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 33
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 23
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 20
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 18
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17