Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
TAYLORSVILLE — There was a lot of smoke but not a lot of fire was in the air at a condominium complex here Monday.
Smoke was reported at the Mt. View Condominiums, 4515 S. 1175 West, just before 9 a.m. The first arriving fire crews saw smoke coming from one of units and immediately called for a second alarm as a precaution, said Unified Fire Authority Capt. Clint Mecham.
But firefighters found just a small fire in a wall, quickly put the blaze out and canceled the second alarm.
Mecham called it a "relatively small fire" and noted that the biggest challenge was stringing together enough hose from the fire hydrants to the condo. He said, however, there was a "huge potential" for the situation to have turned out much worse than it did.
The cause of the fire was still being investigated Monday.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Utah native served with main character in...
- Utahn Merlin Taylor is Santa with a cause
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- West High basketball players work to debate...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 116
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 35
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 24
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 16
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12