The Beehive State college basketball season highlight
For all but two of Utah's six Division-1 basketball teams, the season is over.
KSL TV sports published this season's highlight reel of Utah's premier college clubs on YouTube on Sunday. This season, which has yet to end for the BYU Cougars and the Weber State Wildcats, featured a major winning streak from the Utah State Aggies in the preseason, the University of Utah's first Pac-12 conference tournament win and first back-to-back Pac-12 wins, and a major winning streak by Weber State near the end of the season. It also featured buzzer-beaters, blocked shots, bewildering fakes, thunderous slam dunks and a lot of smiles. Nearly all of the best moments can be seen on the video
BYU and Weber State are still rolling. BYU will take on the Mercer Bears in the second round of the NIT on Monday, and the Weber State Wildcats will take on the winner between UC Irvine, a team Weber has already defeated, and Oral Roberts on Wednesday.
Where did Utah's programs end up before the tournament season began? DeseretNews.com Sports Web Editor Matt Petersen took a look at each one of the state's Division-1 basketball programs starting with BYU.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35