SALT LAKE CITY — The managing editor of Forbes magazine will speak on ramifications of a "seismic shift" in journalism at the Utah Technology Council.
Tom Post will present the message that businesses need to change the way they communicate with the media due to the seismic shift in journalism that has taken place the last several years. In addition, according to Post, business owners need to be aware that every industry is vulnerable because of this shift and need to understand it in order to thrive in the new business environment and economy.
The UTC's annual members’ meeting will be on April 12 from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the Grand America Hotel, 555 S. Main. To register for the event, visit: www.utahtech.org/utc_events/Annual_Members_Meeting.aspx.
Also at the meeting, the UTC will elect board members and trustees and celebrate achievements from the last 12 months. Peer awards will also be given and the UTC will also give Legislator of the Year awards to Utah legislators who have provided key support to Utah’s various technology sectors in the 2013 legislative session.
- How to avoid wasting money on fees
- Maverik launches anti-DUI campaign as UHP...
- Utah coal: A story of families, jobs and...
- School pays tribute to janitor 'Mr. Steve'...
- Balancing act: Quest for work-life balance...
- Israeli man allegedly launched cyberattack on...
- Dave Ramsey says: Dave Ramsey: Make time to...
- A younger generation of farmers gets in the dirt
- There's more to why Americans don't... 13
- The battle over coal struggles to find... 4
- US productivity up 3.3 percent in... 2
- How Medicare is trying to start a... 2
- Randy Shumway: Invest in education to... 2
- World stocks fall after Fed suggests... 1
- Balancing act: Quest for work-life... 1
- Is there a bigger picture to the selfie? 1