SALT LAKE CITY — The managing editor of Forbes magazine will speak on ramifications of a "seismic shift" in journalism at the Utah Technology Council.
Tom Post will present the message that businesses need to change the way they communicate with the media due to the seismic shift in journalism that has taken place the last several years. In addition, according to Post, business owners need to be aware that every industry is vulnerable because of this shift and need to understand it in order to thrive in the new business environment and economy.
The UTC's annual members’ meeting will be on April 12 from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the Grand America Hotel, 555 S. Main. To register for the event, visit: www.utahtech.org/utc_events/Annual_Members_Meeting.aspx.
Also at the meeting, the UTC will elect board members and trustees and celebrate achievements from the last 12 months. Peer awards will also be given and the UTC will also give Legislator of the Year awards to Utah legislators who have provided key support to Utah’s various technology sectors in the 2013 legislative session.
- Southwest, Delta tangle over whether to cut...
- Fiat Chrysler, Google in partnership talks
- US economy struggles at start of election year
- Exxon sees smallest profit in 16 years,...
- Yahoo CEO could get $55M in severance pay in...
- Oculus Rift delays flatten virtual-reality...
- First US cruise in decades set to arrive in...
- Mystery solved? Australian says he's Bitcoin...
- Provo transit project set to begin,... 13
- Brewvies wants judge to stop DABC from... 10
- What millennials need to do to retire... 8
- Additional concourse boosts airport... 8
- Gov. Herbert met with lobbyists to ask... 7
- Advocates: High court signals it won't... 4
- US economy struggles at start of... 3
- Exxon sees smallest profit in 16 years,... 3