SALT LAKE CITY — The managing editor of Forbes magazine will speak on ramifications of a "seismic shift" in journalism at the Utah Technology Council.
Tom Post will present the message that businesses need to change the way they communicate with the media due to the seismic shift in journalism that has taken place the last several years. In addition, according to Post, business owners need to be aware that every industry is vulnerable because of this shift and need to understand it in order to thrive in the new business environment and economy.
The UTC's annual members’ meeting will be on April 12 from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the Grand America Hotel, 555 S. Main. To register for the event, visit: www.utahtech.org/utc_events/Annual_Members_Meeting.aspx.
Also at the meeting, the UTC will elect board members and trustees and celebrate achievements from the last 12 months. Peer awards will also be given and the UTC will also give Legislator of the Year awards to Utah legislators who have provided key support to Utah’s various technology sectors in the 2013 legislative session.
- Utahns' satisfaction with downtown Salt Lake...
- Inventor pushes solar panels for roads, highways
- CNBC ranks Utah 3rd best state for business;...
- GOED announces incentives for 500 new Utah jobs
- 3 simple steps for building financial...
- Amazon asks FAA for permission to fly drones
- UTA gains Davis County approval for bus rapid...
- Winter skiing at Park City resort hangs on...
- US unemployment aid applications fall... 11
- Utah gas prices climb 14 cents from... 9
- Utahns' satisfaction with downtown Salt... 7
- DeseretNews.com continues to see... 6
- Inventor pushes solar panels for roads,... 4
- Kearns-Tribune, Deseret News ask judge... 4
- House votes to make business tax break... 3
- Smith's store to anchor development at... 3