SALT LAKE CITY — The managing editor of Forbes magazine will speak on ramifications of a "seismic shift" in journalism at the Utah Technology Council.
Tom Post will present the message that businesses need to change the way they communicate with the media due to the seismic shift in journalism that has taken place the last several years. In addition, according to Post, business owners need to be aware that every industry is vulnerable because of this shift and need to understand it in order to thrive in the new business environment and economy.
The UTC's annual members’ meeting will be on April 12 from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the Grand America Hotel, 555 S. Main. To register for the event, visit: www.utahtech.org/utc_events/Annual_Members_Meeting.aspx.
Also at the meeting, the UTC will elect board members and trustees and celebrate achievements from the last 12 months. Peer awards will also be given and the UTC will also give Legislator of the Year awards to Utah legislators who have provided key support to Utah’s various technology sectors in the 2013 legislative session.
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough discovery on...
- The Draw at Sugar House unveiled
- The Weather Channel reimagines morning
- Obama says health care program is stable
- Houweling's Tomatoes to build Juab County...
- Democrats grapple with dilemma on Keystone XL...
- Senators strike bipartisan jobless benefits deal
- House Speaker John Boehner questions Senate...
- Obama shows his funny side while... 40
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough... 29
- Obama says health care program is stable 14
- Official: Obama to push for more... 7
- White House promotes economic issues... 5
- Europe: You can't use the name Parmesan... 4
- Randy Shumway: China is a vital... 4
- The Draw at Sugar House unveiled 4