SALT LAKE CITY — The managing editor of Forbes magazine will speak on ramifications of a "seismic shift" in journalism at the Utah Technology Council.
Tom Post will present the message that businesses need to change the way they communicate with the media due to the seismic shift in journalism that has taken place the last several years. In addition, according to Post, business owners need to be aware that every industry is vulnerable because of this shift and need to understand it in order to thrive in the new business environment and economy.
The UTC's annual members’ meeting will be on April 12 from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the Grand America Hotel, 555 S. Main. To register for the event, visit: www.utahtech.org/utc_events/Annual_Members_Meeting.aspx.
Also at the meeting, the UTC will elect board members and trustees and celebrate achievements from the last 12 months. Peer awards will also be given and the UTC will also give Legislator of the Year awards to Utah legislators who have provided key support to Utah’s various technology sectors in the 2013 legislative session.
- Shoppers skip turkey for a shot at...
- 4 reasons why you shouldn't shop on Black Friday
- Barbie can be an engineer, but only if the...
- Adults expect to spend $720 on gifts, Here's...
- BLACK FRIDAY LIVE: Protests, beer and prison
- 5 ways to talk about money with your family...
- Immigration reform will boost the economy,...
- Our complete guide to Black Friday, Cyber...
- Shoppers skip turkey for a shot at... 13
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why... 12
- Immigration reform will boost the... 7
- Barbie can be an engineer, but only if... 5
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals 4
- Facing health law hikes, consumers mull... 4
- Salt Lake City opens door for rideshare... 2
- 5 ways to talk about money with your... 2