J Pat Carter, AP
The hope of employment is increasing in Utah, according to a release from the Utah Department of Workforce Services.
For February, the unemployment rate was at 5.2 percent, down .2 percent from January’s 5.4 percent unemployment rate.
Utah remains far below the national unemployment rate. In February, the national rate edged slightly lower but is still 7.7 percent — about 12 million people who are unemployed.
Over the past year, Utah has increased jobs by 49,200. Trade, transportation and utility jobs were a major contributor to the decreased unemployment. Over the past year, this industry created 10,600 new jobs.
Jobs in information grew the greatest, percentage-wise. Now including 34,000 jobs, it grew 11.5 percent from the year previous.
Although it created the least new jobs, the government added about 800 positions, which was more than anticipated. Most of these jobs are in state colleges and universities.
- The top 10 highest-paid female CEOs
- 1 number you should check each year to avoid...
- The best states in America for balancing work...
- Here's a look at the 20 worst jobs of 2015...
- Is rent out of reach? Study shows how 11 US...
- Dave Ramsey says: Build your budget together
- The 10 best cities in America for job seekers...
- Hero2Hire helps veterans, spouses find...
- 'Such a stress reliever': In Rhode... 13
- Exxon shareholders to vote on climate... 6
- Is rent out of reach? Study shows how... 1
- The top 10 highest-paid female CEOs 1
- Balancing act: Does parenting bring... 1
- Dave Ramsey says: Build your budget... 1
- Americans are very unsure about their... 1
- 1 number you should check each year to... 1