Taysom Hill signed with Stanford and then-head coach Jim Harbaugh out of high school before deciding to transfer to BYU following his LDS mission service. Harbaugh, who now coaches the San Francisco 49ers, was in town this week on a speaking engagement and made a point to meet up with former signee.
“We still have a great relationship and we had a great relationship when he was recruiting me,” Hill said. “We got close and it’s a relationship that will last from here on out. He didn’t blame me for (transferring) even though he was aware of everything that transpired — I think he wanted to see me at Stanford, however.”
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- Utah Jazz: Red-hot Jazz shock the Kings, 122-101
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 99
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 80
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 69
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 51
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34