Social media reactions: Arizona tops Harvard 74-49 to advance to Sweet 16
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
After scoring 17 of the game's first 19 points, Arizona cruised to a 74-49 win over Harvard in their third-round NCAA Tournament game in Salt Lake City on Saturday.
The dominance continued in the second half, as the Crimson could never get the Arizona lead below 10 points in the final 20 minutes.
The win moves the Wildcats into the Sweet 16. Arizona will play the winner of Sunday's game between Iowa State and Ohio State.
Harvard missed its first 13 shots and did not hit a field goal until the 12:17 mark in the first half in falling behind by as many as 22 points in the first 20 minutes.
Mark Lyons led the Wildcats' attack, scoring a career-high 27 points and adding three assists, a steal and a rebound. Solomon Hill added a double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds.
Kenyatta Smith was the lone Harvard, scoring 10 points. He also had five rebounds, three steals and a blocked shot.
For the game, Arizona shot 55.1 percent from the field, hitting 27-of-49 shots; the Crimson hit just 16-of-58 shots, for 27.6 percent.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- 2015 Heisman Trophy tracker, preseason...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Aug. 28
- BYU football: With opener one week away,...
- The Utah football 100: Ranking the best...
- Video: BYU commit Jaren Hall lifts Maple...
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU best-case,...
- BYU basketball: What we learned from 4 games...
- BYU football: Ranking the most important...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 78
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 61
- BYU football: Lone Peak's Jackson... 31
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 28
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 27
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 25
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 25