Social media reactions: Arizona tops Harvard 74-49 to advance to Sweet 16
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
After scoring 17 of the game's first 19 points, Arizona cruised to a 74-49 win over Harvard in their third-round NCAA Tournament game in Salt Lake City on Saturday.
The dominance continued in the second half, as the Crimson could never get the Arizona lead below 10 points in the final 20 minutes.
The win moves the Wildcats into the Sweet 16. Arizona will play the winner of Sunday's game between Iowa State and Ohio State.
Harvard missed its first 13 shots and did not hit a field goal until the 12:17 mark in the first half in falling behind by as many as 22 points in the first 20 minutes.
Mark Lyons led the Wildcats' attack, scoring a career-high 27 points and adding three assists, a steal and a rebound. Solomon Hill added a double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds.
Kenyatta Smith was the lone Harvard, scoring 10 points. He also had five rebounds, three steals and a blocked shot.
For the game, Arizona shot 55.1 percent from the field, hitting 27-of-49 shots; the Crimson hit just 16-of-58 shots, for 27.6 percent.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- BYU-Utah State: How to watch, listen to or...
- Schedule only gets tougher for BYU basketball...
- Cougars relish opportunity to play in-state...
- Hillary's grace: Watching her daughter...
- BYU's bowl destination — Las Vegas or...
- Utah Jazz: Hayward finally has breakout game...
- Brighton four-star recruit Sione Lund commits...
- Old Wagon Wheel live coverage: BYU at Utah State
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 59
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 52
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 42
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected... 34
- Doug Robinson: It's the same old sad... 31
- Utah State denies David Collette's... 30
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's... 29
- Disappointed Utes determined to bounce... 24