Social media reactions: Arizona tops Harvard 74-49 to advance to Sweet 16
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
After scoring 17 of the game's first 19 points, Arizona cruised to a 74-49 win over Harvard in their third-round NCAA Tournament game in Salt Lake City on Saturday.
The dominance continued in the second half, as the Crimson could never get the Arizona lead below 10 points in the final 20 minutes.
The win moves the Wildcats into the Sweet 16. Arizona will play the winner of Sunday's game between Iowa State and Ohio State.
Harvard missed its first 13 shots and did not hit a field goal until the 12:17 mark in the first half in falling behind by as many as 22 points in the first 20 minutes.
Mark Lyons led the Wildcats' attack, scoring a career-high 27 points and adding three assists, a steal and a rebound. Solomon Hill added a double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds.
Kenyatta Smith was the lone Harvard, scoring 10 points. He also had five rebounds, three steals and a blocked shot.
For the game, Arizona shot 55.1 percent from the field, hitting 27-of-49 shots; the Crimson hit just 16-of-58 shots, for 27.6 percent.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33