OGDEN — A shootout in an Ogden neighborhood that damaged houses and cars Friday is possibly gang related, police said.
Ogden police received a call around 4:10 p.m. reporting shots fired on 29th and Jefferson Ave.
"Officers got over there. They found out that there were mulitiple shell casings lying around from multiple weapons," said Ogden police Lt. Tony Fox.
Witnesses told police that two men on foot were shooting at someone in a green car.
The men shooting at the car were both described as Hispanic with red bandanas over their faces, thin builds, between 5-feet-7-inches and 5-feet-8-inches weighing 180 pounds.
"At first glance it appears that it could be gang related because of the bandanas they were wearing," Fox said.
Ogden gang detectives are investigating the shootout.
No injuries were reported in the shooting and no suspects were in custody Friday night.
Brandon Ball, whose house and car were damaged in the shootout, said his kids were in the living room at the time. His neighbor told the kids to get down as the gunmen ran past the window. The men ran down an alley next to the house that residents have been trying to shut down.
"I'm excited to be able to use this as pressure because we have to get 10 homeowners to sign a form to get this alley closed," Ball said.
Anyone with information regarding the shooting is asked to call 801-629-8551.
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Family 'shocked' over Taylorsville woman's death
- Utah's popular 'soda-pop geyser' is fizzling out
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Utah's new adaptive testing system draws...
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 91
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 81
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 49
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 31
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 25
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 22
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 21