OGDEN — A shootout in an Ogden neighborhood that damaged houses and cars Friday is possibly gang related, police said.
Ogden police received a call around 4:10 p.m. reporting shots fired on 29th and Jefferson Ave.
"Officers got over there. They found out that there were mulitiple shell casings lying around from multiple weapons," said Ogden police Lt. Tony Fox.
Witnesses told police that two men on foot were shooting at someone in a green car.
The men shooting at the car were both described as Hispanic with red bandanas over their faces, thin builds, between 5-feet-7-inches and 5-feet-8-inches weighing 180 pounds.
"At first glance it appears that it could be gang related because of the bandanas they were wearing," Fox said.
Ogden gang detectives are investigating the shootout.
No injuries were reported in the shooting and no suspects were in custody Friday night.
Brandon Ball, whose house and car were damaged in the shootout, said his kids were in the living room at the time. His neighbor told the kids to get down as the gunmen ran past the window. The men ran down an alley next to the house that residents have been trying to shut down.
"I'm excited to be able to use this as pressure because we have to get 10 homeowners to sign a form to get this alley closed," Ball said.
Anyone with information regarding the shooting is asked to call 801-629-8551.
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Utah is youngest state in country but growing...
- Utah man building Disneyland out of Legos...
- America’s Most Followed Members of...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a...
- Fruit Heights to shut off water system...
- Kaysville to fete retiring city manager at...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Utah militia leader tried to blow up... 17