Steve Eaton: If we change the world, we can all sleep in and James Taylor will do the rest
And why does that make us mad? It makes us mad because deep, deep down inside, in a place we’ve buried alive, there’s a part of us that knows that we, too, should be sleeping in.
Here’s something that you may not know, but it is a scientifically proven fact. When you wake up first thing in the morning, right around your feet, under the covers, there is this tiny pocket of warm air. Pay attention to that next time you wake up before you start doing push-ups. Do you know what that is? It is your life force. That is where you get the will to live and it is only in the early morning that your feet can drink in that life force. Running on a treadmill first thing in the morning is one way to just trample any life force you have right to death.
We need to reclaim this deep truth of human nature before all humanity starts slogging out of reality on elliptical machines. If we reclaim our early morning hours, in time, Sweet Baby James will be able to write a new verse:
Sunny Skies sleeps in the morning
He taught all when to rise
Looking and yawning
He helped us all learn to fly
Now we know how to ease down slowly
And everything IS fine in the end
Change tunes, put on your hippy clothes and cue The 5th Dimension and “The Age of Aquarius.”
This is the dawning of the “Age of the Foot-pocket,”
“Age of the Foot-pocket,”
The life-force pocket!
OK, so I’m no James Taylor. I just know he will fix the words if we fix the world. All I am saying is give the bed a chance. Cue the John Lennon music:
You can say I’m a dreamer
But I’m not the only one
I hope some day you’ll join us
And the world will sleep till 1.
Steve Eaton lives and works in Logan, Utah. He can be reached at Eatonnews@gmail.com
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup from...
- Family motto helps LDS couple put parenting...
- 12 Disney movies that are coming out in 2015
- Motherhood Matters: What I learned from...
- Are you part of the global 'baby shortage'?
- Chess in schools: bringing the classic mind...
- Motherhood Matters: To grouchy moms everywhere
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 10
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup... 10
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos... 5
- Want your child to eat more fruits and... 4
- Sherry Young: Nostalgia, airplanes and... 4
- Motherhood Matters: To grouchy moms... 4
- Does taking advantage of family leave... 4
- Dad gets 'no-show' bill after... 3