USU softball: Aggies set for WAC opener against Spartans Friday
Utah State softball is set to open its Western Athletic Conference schedule with a single game on Friday, March 22, against first-place San Jose State. SJSU is currently atop the WAC standings with a 19-10 overall record, while USU enters conference action with a 5-22 overall record. Friday's action is set to get underway at 4 p.m. (MT).
The Aggies are coming off their best week of the season, going 5-2 last week, with wins against Weber State (2), Boise State, Idaho State and Portland State.
Utah State will be led by senior infielder Christine Thomsen who has a .404 batting average on the season. USU will also look to sophomore infielder Nicole Arata, who has wielded a hot bat of late, producing a team-leading seven RBIs in last week's action.
Following Friday’s game, the Aggies will play a doubleheader on Saturday, March 23, with first pitch set to be delivered at 1 p.m. MT.The second game of Saturday’s action is scheduled for a 3 p.m. MT start.
Fans can follow the action through live stat links that will be available on USU's homepage or softball page.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15