“The Gateway has always had a unique ambiance, and we are keeping it fresh and new with upgraded fountain technology, allowing a variety of songs to be added, creating cozy winter warmth with additional fire elements and installing energy-efficient lighting in the garages that will reduce energy use by 50 percent,” Bennett said. “The center is evolving, and these improvements are a reflection of that evolution.”
In addition, the center has added automated parking payment systems that were designed to reduce emissions by decreasing idling time in the garage. The Gateway has also introduced a glass recycling program for the center’s retailers and restaurants.
“The upgrades will reduce the center’s carbon footprint and better serve the center’s connection to the community,” Bennett said. “The center will also be using the new space to partner with local community groups to raise awareness of their causes.”
“The Gateway has been a community gathering place for more than a decade,” said Rochelle Fraser, marketing director for the center. “We are pleased to provide opportunities for the interests of our community to be reflected here at our center.”
Gov. Gary Herbert is scheduled to join Salt lake County Mayor Ben McAdams and other city officials at the Skybridge at City Creek Center Friday at 10 a.m. to discuss the center’s impact on shopping, downtown and state economic development.
Stores are planning sales and giveaways throughout the day as a reward to shoppers.
- Knocking doors: What to know before signing...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax this...
- Are you part of the global 'baby shortage'?
- Young adults prefer to share chores and...
- Nintendo opens 2015 with some big announcements
- Kimberly Rotter: 7 weird things that affect...
- Greek radical left wins election, threatening...
- EPA inventory highlights 'toxic' releases;...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 56
- Utah has fourth largest gender wage... 12
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 12
- Another study lists Salt Lake as one of... 10
- Obama idea to trim college savings... 6
- Does taking advantage of family leave... 4
- Greek radical left wins election,... 3
- Knocking doors: What to know before... 3