“The Gateway has always had a unique ambiance, and we are keeping it fresh and new with upgraded fountain technology, allowing a variety of songs to be added, creating cozy winter warmth with additional fire elements and installing energy-efficient lighting in the garages that will reduce energy use by 50 percent,” Bennett said. “The center is evolving, and these improvements are a reflection of that evolution.”
In addition, the center has added automated parking payment systems that were designed to reduce emissions by decreasing idling time in the garage. The Gateway has also introduced a glass recycling program for the center’s retailers and restaurants.
“The upgrades will reduce the center’s carbon footprint and better serve the center’s connection to the community,” Bennett said. “The center will also be using the new space to partner with local community groups to raise awareness of their causes.”
“The Gateway has been a community gathering place for more than a decade,” said Rochelle Fraser, marketing director for the center. “We are pleased to provide opportunities for the interests of our community to be reflected here at our center.”
Gov. Gary Herbert is scheduled to join Salt lake County Mayor Ben McAdams and other city officials at the Skybridge at City Creek Center Friday at 10 a.m. to discuss the center’s impact on shopping, downtown and state economic development.
Stores are planning sales and giveaways throughout the day as a reward to shoppers.
- System failure to blame for delayed Saturday...
- Weber State center helping to improve auto...
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage...
- 3,000 Workforce Services clients may be...
- Cedar Hills to require business licenses for...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 31
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low 10
- System failure to blame for delayed... 8
- Obama to feds: Boost renewable power 20... 6
- Cedar Hills to require business... 5
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view... 4
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for... 2
- United Kingdom government predicting... 1