“The Gateway has always had a unique ambiance, and we are keeping it fresh and new with upgraded fountain technology, allowing a variety of songs to be added, creating cozy winter warmth with additional fire elements and installing energy-efficient lighting in the garages that will reduce energy use by 50 percent,” Bennett said. “The center is evolving, and these improvements are a reflection of that evolution.”
In addition, the center has added automated parking payment systems that were designed to reduce emissions by decreasing idling time in the garage. The Gateway has also introduced a glass recycling program for the center’s retailers and restaurants.
“The upgrades will reduce the center’s carbon footprint and better serve the center’s connection to the community,” Bennett said. “The center will also be using the new space to partner with local community groups to raise awareness of their causes.”
“The Gateway has been a community gathering place for more than a decade,” said Rochelle Fraser, marketing director for the center. “We are pleased to provide opportunities for the interests of our community to be reflected here at our center.”
Gov. Gary Herbert is scheduled to join Salt lake County Mayor Ben McAdams and other city officials at the Skybridge at City Creek Center Friday at 10 a.m. to discuss the center’s impact on shopping, downtown and state economic development.
Stores are planning sales and giveaways throughout the day as a reward to shoppers.
- North Salt Lake homeowners deny allegations...
- Glen Campbell movie sets standard for CNN film
- State liquor stores using price tags to warn...
- The average Joe only works 4.5 hours a day....
- $1.75 million funds new electric vehicles for...
- Dave Ramsey says: 3 traps to avoid after...
- Michelle Singletary: A woman's place is on...
- BLM seeks comment on Moab invasive species...
- Michelle Singletary: A woman's place is... 10
- The president wants to extend overtime... 9
- 'In the name of God, this flag comes... 6
- State liquor stores using price tags to... 4
- North Salt Lake homeowners deny... 4
- First lady: Career, technical studies... 3
- Beware of rental scams involving... 2
- The average Joe only works 4.5 hours a... 2