KAYSVILLE — Two groups are seeking to verify names of Utah soldiers who have lost their lives in combat since Sept. 11, 2001.
The names will be part of a memorial. The Youth of Promise and the Layton Communities That Care youth groups are including in the memorial a list of all soldiers from Utah who have died in uniform since the terrorist attacks.
The groups have been in contact with the National Guard and are up to 117 names, with another four who have died since Sept. 11, 2012, and 41 who have Utah ties.
Communities That Care has the list on its website, www.laytonctc.org, so people can look up soldiers and make sure the name and rank are correct, as well as provide a picture.
The memorial is being built at the Utah State University Botanical Gardens in Kaysville. It will honor the Utah victims and the New York City firefighters and police officers who died at the hands of terrorists on 9/11.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19