KAYSVILLE — Two groups are seeking to verify names of Utah soldiers who have lost their lives in combat since Sept. 11, 2001.
The names will be part of a memorial. The Youth of Promise and the Layton Communities That Care youth groups are including in the memorial a list of all soldiers from Utah who have died in uniform since the terrorist attacks.
The groups have been in contact with the National Guard and are up to 117 names, with another four who have died since Sept. 11, 2012, and 41 who have Utah ties.
Communities That Care has the list on its website, www.laytonctc.org, so people can look up soldiers and make sure the name and rank are correct, as well as provide a picture.
The memorial is being built at the Utah State University Botanical Gardens in Kaysville. It will honor the Utah victims and the New York City firefighters and police officers who died at the hands of terrorists on 9/11.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 129
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 13
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 12
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9