SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Beardsman Alliance will be hosting its first beard and mustache championship June 22 at Piper Down, 1492 S. State.
Registration is from 6-7:30 p.m., and the competition starts around 8 p.m. The price is $15 to compete and $5 for spectators.
The fundraiser will benefit Needs Beyond Medicine, a nonprofit organization dedicated to diminishing the burden of cancer by increasing awareness, education and relief to cancer patients.
There will be 10 categories, including mustache natural and styled, partial-beard, goatee, full beard natural and groomed, and freestyle. There are also fake beard and mustache categories for woman.
The Utah Beardsman Alliance, a beard and mustache club that is open to all facial hair types and those who support it, became active in 2012 .
Contestants can preregister at 1stubacomp.eventbrite.com.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- Salt Lake man killed, 3 others injured in...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 73
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17