SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Beardsman Alliance will be hosting its first beard and mustache championship June 22 at Piper Down, 1492 S. State.
Registration is from 6-7:30 p.m., and the competition starts around 8 p.m. The price is $15 to compete and $5 for spectators.
The fundraiser will benefit Needs Beyond Medicine, a nonprofit organization dedicated to diminishing the burden of cancer by increasing awareness, education and relief to cancer patients.
There will be 10 categories, including mustache natural and styled, partial-beard, goatee, full beard natural and groomed, and freestyle. There are also fake beard and mustache categories for woman.
The Utah Beardsman Alliance, a beard and mustache club that is open to all facial hair types and those who support it, became active in 2012 .
Contestants can preregister at 1stubacomp.eventbrite.com.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- Bingham High students walk out over... 73
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 23
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18