SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Beardsman Alliance will be hosting its first beard and mustache championship June 22 at Piper Down, 1492 S. State.
Registration is from 6-7:30 p.m., and the competition starts around 8 p.m. The price is $15 to compete and $5 for spectators.
The fundraiser will benefit Needs Beyond Medicine, a nonprofit organization dedicated to diminishing the burden of cancer by increasing awareness, education and relief to cancer patients.
There will be 10 categories, including mustache natural and styled, partial-beard, goatee, full beard natural and groomed, and freestyle. There are also fake beard and mustache categories for woman.
The Utah Beardsman Alliance, a beard and mustache club that is open to all facial hair types and those who support it, became active in 2012 .
Contestants can preregister at 1stubacomp.eventbrite.com.
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 39
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14