SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Beardsman Alliance will be hosting its first beard and mustache championship June 22 at Piper Down, 1492 S. State.
Registration is from 6-7:30 p.m., and the competition starts around 8 p.m. The price is $15 to compete and $5 for spectators.
The fundraiser will benefit Needs Beyond Medicine, a nonprofit organization dedicated to diminishing the burden of cancer by increasing awareness, education and relief to cancer patients.
There will be 10 categories, including mustache natural and styled, partial-beard, goatee, full beard natural and groomed, and freestyle. There are also fake beard and mustache categories for woman.
The Utah Beardsman Alliance, a beard and mustache club that is open to all facial hair types and those who support it, became active in 2012 .
Contestants can preregister at 1stubacomp.eventbrite.com.
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Judge orders girl to stand trial for...
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases on...
- Top Ten Spring Activities for Utah Families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 104
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 76
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 75
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 61
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 43
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24