SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Beardsman Alliance will be hosting its first beard and mustache championship June 22 at Piper Down, 1492 S. State.
Registration is from 6-7:30 p.m., and the competition starts around 8 p.m. The price is $15 to compete and $5 for spectators.
The fundraiser will benefit Needs Beyond Medicine, a nonprofit organization dedicated to diminishing the burden of cancer by increasing awareness, education and relief to cancer patients.
There will be 10 categories, including mustache natural and styled, partial-beard, goatee, full beard natural and groomed, and freestyle. There are also fake beard and mustache categories for woman.
The Utah Beardsman Alliance, a beard and mustache club that is open to all facial hair types and those who support it, became active in 2012 .
Contestants can preregister at 1stubacomp.eventbrite.com.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- Study: Fathers as likely as mothers to kill...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 98
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 14
- Southern Utah left wanting for water 11