Westlake remains unbeaten after Day 2 of the Vivint Orem Tiger Baseball Classic
Westlake High remained as the only undefeated team after Day 2 of the Vivint Orem Tiger Baseball Classic.
The tournament now heads into the final day of pool play. After defeating Mountain View, 7-1, Tuesday, Westlake defeated Timpview (0-2) 16-4 on Wednesday to improve to 2-0.
Other teams that won on Wednesday include: Timpanogos (1-1) downed Orem (1-1), 12-4; Wasatch (1-1) beat Payson (1-1), 9-0; and Mountain View (1-1) beat defeated Davis (1-1) 8-5.
The final four games of pool play are scheduled for Thursday with Friday reserved as a rain-out day. The championship and consolations games are scheduled for Saturday at Brent Brown Ballpark on the campus of Utah Valley University.
Following the championship and consolations games on Saturday, Vivint will award $2,500 in college scholarships to the tournament MVPs.
The Vivint All-Tournament team will also be announced.
Tickets for Saturday’s games are available at the Brent Brown Ballpark ticket office on the day of the game.
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other...
- Morning links: Former BYU player Paul Lasike...
- Dick Harmon: As camps open, Utes, Cougs and...
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Utes football fan raising money to put 'Utah'...
- Former Utah cornerback Dominque Hatfield...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 35
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 29
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 23
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16
- Morning links: BYU letting fans... 16
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other... 14
- Dick Harmon: As camps open, Utes, Cougs... 14