Westlake remains unbeaten after Day 2 of the Vivint Orem Tiger Baseball Classic
Westlake High remained as the only undefeated team after Day 2 of the Vivint Orem Tiger Baseball Classic.
The tournament now heads into the final day of pool play. After defeating Mountain View, 7-1, Tuesday, Westlake defeated Timpview (0-2) 16-4 on Wednesday to improve to 2-0.
Other teams that won on Wednesday include: Timpanogos (1-1) downed Orem (1-1), 12-4; Wasatch (1-1) beat Payson (1-1), 9-0; and Mountain View (1-1) beat defeated Davis (1-1) 8-5.
The final four games of pool play are scheduled for Thursday with Friday reserved as a rain-out day. The championship and consolations games are scheduled for Saturday at Brent Brown Ballpark on the campus of Utah Valley University.
Following the championship and consolations games on Saturday, Vivint will award $2,500 in college scholarships to the tournament MVPs.
The Vivint All-Tournament team will also be announced.
Tickets for Saturday’s games are available at the Brent Brown Ballpark ticket office on the day of the game.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 134
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 84
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 60
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 52
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33