Westlake remains unbeaten after Day 2 of the Vivint Orem Tiger Baseball Classic
Westlake High remained as the only undefeated team after Day 2 of the Vivint Orem Tiger Baseball Classic.
The tournament now heads into the final day of pool play. After defeating Mountain View, 7-1, Tuesday, Westlake defeated Timpview (0-2) 16-4 on Wednesday to improve to 2-0.
Other teams that won on Wednesday include: Timpanogos (1-1) downed Orem (1-1), 12-4; Wasatch (1-1) beat Payson (1-1), 9-0; and Mountain View (1-1) beat defeated Davis (1-1) 8-5.
The final four games of pool play are scheduled for Thursday with Friday reserved as a rain-out day. The championship and consolations games are scheduled for Saturday at Brent Brown Ballpark on the campus of Utah Valley University.
Following the championship and consolations games on Saturday, Vivint will award $2,500 in college scholarships to the tournament MVPs.
The Vivint All-Tournament team will also be announced.
Tickets for Saturday’s games are available at the Brent Brown Ballpark ticket office on the day of the game.
- Discipline a focus of spring ball for BYU; 10...
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting, Miami...
- After year layoff, BYU's Kurtz happy to be...
- Jazz grind out impressive 93-82 win in Memphis
- A tale of two Hills at quarterback for BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Credit BYU's Rose for...
- It was historic weekend for BYU basketball...
- Monarchs announce new stadium proposal in...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 110
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 83
- Discipline a focus of spring ball for... 71
- Holmoe assesses the state of the... 51
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU... 44
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 41
- Morning links: Is BYU now in the... 40
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting,... 37