Westlake remains unbeaten after Day 2 of the Vivint Orem Tiger Baseball Classic
Westlake High remained as the only undefeated team after Day 2 of the Vivint Orem Tiger Baseball Classic.
The tournament now heads into the final day of pool play. After defeating Mountain View, 7-1, Tuesday, Westlake defeated Timpview (0-2) 16-4 on Wednesday to improve to 2-0.
Other teams that won on Wednesday include: Timpanogos (1-1) downed Orem (1-1), 12-4; Wasatch (1-1) beat Payson (1-1), 9-0; and Mountain View (1-1) beat defeated Davis (1-1) 8-5.
The final four games of pool play are scheduled for Thursday with Friday reserved as a rain-out day. The championship and consolations games are scheduled for Saturday at Brent Brown Ballpark on the campus of Utah Valley University.
Following the championship and consolations games on Saturday, Vivint will award $2,500 in college scholarships to the tournament MVPs.
The Vivint All-Tournament team will also be announced.
Tickets for Saturday’s games are available at the Brent Brown Ballpark ticket office on the day of the game.
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- USU football: Aggies geared up to take on the...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41