Westlake remains unbeaten after Day 2 of the Vivint Orem Tiger Baseball Classic
Westlake High remained as the only undefeated team after Day 2 of the Vivint Orem Tiger Baseball Classic.
The tournament now heads into the final day of pool play. After defeating Mountain View, 7-1, Tuesday, Westlake defeated Timpview (0-2) 16-4 on Wednesday to improve to 2-0.
Other teams that won on Wednesday include: Timpanogos (1-1) downed Orem (1-1), 12-4; Wasatch (1-1) beat Payson (1-1), 9-0; and Mountain View (1-1) beat defeated Davis (1-1) 8-5.
The final four games of pool play are scheduled for Thursday with Friday reserved as a rain-out day. The championship and consolations games are scheduled for Saturday at Brent Brown Ballpark on the campus of Utah Valley University.
Following the championship and consolations games on Saturday, Vivint will award $2,500 in college scholarships to the tournament MVPs.
The Vivint All-Tournament team will also be announced.
Tickets for Saturday’s games are available at the Brent Brown Ballpark ticket office on the day of the game.
- From autonomy to Harvey Langi: Tidbits from...
- Deseret News Classic: Allie Moore repeats as...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 commissioner frank about...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- Utes notebook: Kyle Whittingham says Harvey...
- Utah State's Keeton getting Heisman hype
- Salt Lake City's Smyth reclaims 10K title,...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 112
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 88
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 65
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 51
- ACC media days has some interesting... 46
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 31
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 28
- Off on the right foot: BYU Cougars... 24