DON EMMERT, AFP/Getty Images
The site is free for users because the company makes money through banking partner referrals.
Those with debt enter their credentials for the several federal loan providers. The site then organizes the data. It analyzes the information and figures out a payment plan that is simple.
For debts other than student loans, the free ReadyForZero app helps add up and analyze debt. This app connects bank and credit card accounts and then suggests ways to best pay off the debt.
You can adjust the amount you pay each payment and ReadyForZero will show you how it affects the time it will take to pay it off. It offers a good incentive for paying more than the minimum payment by showing how long it will take to pay off at that rate as well.
- The most expensive homes in Utah in 2014
- Why you need to stop buying your kids so many...
- How to turn financial pessimism into...
- Why homeownership is not for everyone
- Gift Guide: 3 ways to watch streaming video...
- Pope demands just distribution of world's bounty
- Minivans do poorly in new crash tests
- How to find out if a health insurance...
- Japan slides into recession as tax hike... 14
- Robots will replace 50% of today's... 13
- Pope demands just distribution of... 9
- 15 organic fruits and veggies that... 7
- 'Red warning lights' flashing for... 5
- Millennials are quitting their jobs and... 5
- What's next for dead malls? 5
- Are credit cards or consumers to blame... 3