DON EMMERT, AFP/Getty Images
The site is free for users because the company makes money through banking partner referrals.
Those with debt enter their credentials for the several federal loan providers. The site then organizes the data. It analyzes the information and figures out a payment plan that is simple.
For debts other than student loans, the free ReadyForZero app helps add up and analyze debt. This app connects bank and credit card accounts and then suggests ways to best pay off the debt.
You can adjust the amount you pay each payment and ReadyForZero will show you how it affects the time it will take to pay it off. It offers a good incentive for paying more than the minimum payment by showing how long it will take to pay off at that rate as well.
- The dangers of financially illiterate...
- Which county in Utah has the least poverty?
- Balancing act: French ban on after-hours...
- Dave Ramsey says: Invest in growth stock...
- College football, basketball athletes worth...
- City life offers better health, bigger ladder
- How much does President Obama donate to his...
- U.S. 'tax freedom day' is 3 days later than...
- The dangers of financially illiterate... 27
- White House equal pay push faces... 18
- Do we work too much, or too little? 5
- Balancing act: French ban on... 4
- U.S. 'tax freedom day' is 3 days later... 4
- Savers beware: Fees may be shrinking... 2
- Photo gallery: Students learn the ABCs... 2
- College football, basketball athletes... 2