Utah Jazz highlights: Jazz nation gets its hopes up as furious comeback attempt fails
The Utah Jazz continued their poor road form with a loss against the Houston Rockets on Wednesday night, 100-93.
The Jazz were looking to avenge the heavy defeat suffered to the Rockets at home this season, when they lost by a record 45 points. However, down by 19 at the half and as much as 26 in the third quarter, they left themselves with a mountain to climb.
And yet they almost did. A 9-0 run early in the fourth quarter saw them cut the lead to less than 10 points. But ultimately it was too little, too late, and the Rockets came out on top.
Gordon Hayward was the chief instigator of the late fightback, scoring 27 points on the night, only two behind Houston's James Harden who had the game high 29.
The Jazz have now lost eight of their last 11 games, and now stand at 34-34 for the season.
Read on for some of the tweets of the night, as Jazz nation laments another tough loss.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 107
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 32
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20