Utah Jazz highlights: Jazz nation gets its hopes up as furious comeback attempt fails
The Utah Jazz continued their poor road form with a loss against the Houston Rockets on Wednesday night, 100-93.
The Jazz were looking to avenge the heavy defeat suffered to the Rockets at home this season, when they lost by a record 45 points. However, down by 19 at the half and as much as 26 in the third quarter, they left themselves with a mountain to climb.
And yet they almost did. A 9-0 run early in the fourth quarter saw them cut the lead to less than 10 points. But ultimately it was too little, too late, and the Rockets came out on top.
Gordon Hayward was the chief instigator of the late fightback, scoring 27 points on the night, only two behind Houston's James Harden who had the game high 29.
The Jazz have now lost eight of their last 11 games, and now stand at 34-34 for the season.
Read on for some of the tweets of the night, as Jazz nation laments another tough loss.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34