Utah Jazz highlights: Jazz nation gets its hopes up as furious comeback attempt fails
The Utah Jazz continued their poor road form with a loss against the Houston Rockets on Wednesday night, 100-93.
The Jazz were looking to avenge the heavy defeat suffered to the Rockets at home this season, when they lost by a record 45 points. However, down by 19 at the half and as much as 26 in the third quarter, they left themselves with a mountain to climb.
And yet they almost did. A 9-0 run early in the fourth quarter saw them cut the lead to less than 10 points. But ultimately it was too little, too late, and the Rockets came out on top.
Gordon Hayward was the chief instigator of the late fightback, scoring 27 points on the night, only two behind Houston's James Harden who had the game high 29.
The Jazz have now lost eight of their last 11 games, and now stand at 34-34 for the season.
Read on for some of the tweets of the night, as Jazz nation laments another tough loss.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16