Deseret News archives
Songs include "Don't Run Away," where Archuleta's message is to face your worries and remember you are never alone, that there are people who care about you. The song "Heart Falls Out" describes what it feels like when part of your heart seems to be lost or missing, such as when you lose someone or something you love.
The previously released single "Forevermore" tells of what happens when you find the love of your life. Another song, "I'll Never Go," was previously recorded as a music video in Manila, Philippines. Archuleta sings that no matter where he is, he will never be far away from those he loves.
This song is particularly relevent because Archuleta is currently serving a two-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Chile.
The other six songs are about love, having a purpose and enjoying life. Much of the album has previously been released as singles.
As one of the youngest to make it to the final two on "American Idol" in 2007, Archuleta released his debut album the following year. "Crush," a popular song from the album, has been downloaded more than 2 million times. Other albums Archuleta has released include "Christmas from the Heart" and "The Other Side of Down." He is a featured vocalist on "Glad Christmas Tidings" by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
The new album will be available for purchase on Amazon and iTunes, as well as in stores.
Kylie Lewis is an intern for the Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and does other feature articles. She recently graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho, receiving a bachelor's degree in communications.
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists to...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and...
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- LDS convert and influential friend reunite...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 99
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 76
- Ask Angela: With so few choices, should... 75
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists... 71
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in... 53
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 53
- How much did President Obama donate to... 42
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on... 33