2 more guns seized from passengers at Salt Lake airport
SALT LAKE CITY — Two more loaded firearms were found in carry-on bags at the Salt Lake City International Airport on Wednesday — both within 10 minutes of each other.
A passenger flying to Long Beach, Calif., had a Glock 19 with 13 rounds in the gun when he went through airport security, said Transportation Security Administration spokeswoman Lorie Dankers. The second weapon was a Glock 23 with 10 rounds from a passenger who was flying to Las Vegas, she said.
Jordan C. Harwood, 37, and Brandon Lewis, 40, were arrested for investigation of having dangerous weapons in a secure area.
The incidents mark the 13th and 14th guns found at the airport since the beginning of the year. During all of last year, 20 guns were seized at the Salt Lake City International Airport — and four additional guns were seized at other Utah airports.
If a person is convicted of a misdemeanor or felony charge of having a firearm at the airport, they face the potential of having their concealed weapons permit suspended for up to five years in addition to any penalties the court levies.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Draper police step in for Santa after home is...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 16
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 13
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9