USU basketball: Orchard named honorable mention All-American
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics announced the 2012–13 Division I Men’s Basketball All-Americans on Wednesday. The selections are made by the NAIA Men’s Basketball Coaches’ Association All-America Committee and comprise a first, second, third and honorable mention team. There are 10 members on each of the first three All-America teams.
Jake Orchard from Westminster College was named an honorable mention selection. Orchard led the Griffins in scoring this season at 13.6 points per game. The senior finished 21st in the NAIA with a 2.13 assist-to-turnover ratio and was 36th in steals at 1.93 per outing. This is the third-consecutive season that Orchard has been named honorable mention All-American, and it is the 11th time a Griffin has received the honor.
Westminster concluded the 2012-13 season at 22-8 overall and was fourth in the Frontier Conference at 9-6. This was the 12th straight 20-win season for the program and the 13th consecutive year it posted a winning record in conference games.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34