Couple who allegedly robbed bank with kids in car charged in federal court
SALT LAKE CITY — A Tooele couple who allegedly robbed a bank while their young children waited in a car outside were indicted Wednesday in federal court.
William Joseph Parker and Michelle Joyce Parker, both 27, were charged with three counts of bank robbery in connection with holdups in Magna, Murray and Tooele.
Michelle Parker entered the Wells Fargo Bank in Tooele on March 11 and gave the teller a note demanding money. Her husband waited outside in the car the with the couple's 5- and 2-year-old children, according to Tooele police.
An off-duty officer saw Michelle Parker hurry out of the bank and leave in a waiting car just before noon. He followed the vehicle and stopped the couple before receiving word of the robbery.
The Parkers were also charged with robbing Wells Fargo banks in Magna on Jan. 14 and in Murray on Feb. 5. They are scheduled to appear in U.S. District Court on Thursday. They face up to 20 years in prison for each count.
The couple moved to Tooele in November. The children were taken into state custody, police said. Their maternal grandfather was working to have them released to him.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 50
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 17
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15