Couple who allegedly robbed bank with kids in car charged in federal court
SALT LAKE CITY — A Tooele couple who allegedly robbed a bank while their young children waited in a car outside were indicted Wednesday in federal court.
William Joseph Parker and Michelle Joyce Parker, both 27, were charged with three counts of bank robbery in connection with holdups in Magna, Murray and Tooele.
Michelle Parker entered the Wells Fargo Bank in Tooele on March 11 and gave the teller a note demanding money. Her husband waited outside in the car the with the couple's 5- and 2-year-old children, according to Tooele police.
An off-duty officer saw Michelle Parker hurry out of the bank and leave in a waiting car just before noon. He followed the vehicle and stopped the couple before receiving word of the robbery.
The Parkers were also charged with robbing Wells Fargo banks in Magna on Jan. 14 and in Murray on Feb. 5. They are scheduled to appear in U.S. District Court on Thursday. They face up to 20 years in prison for each count.
The couple moved to Tooele in November. The children were taken into state custody, police said. Their maternal grandfather was working to have them released to him.
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 38
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 33
- Government regulation has become like... 31
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic... 26
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22