Couple who allegedly robbed bank with kids in car charged in federal court
SALT LAKE CITY — A Tooele couple who allegedly robbed a bank while their young children waited in a car outside were indicted Wednesday in federal court.
William Joseph Parker and Michelle Joyce Parker, both 27, were charged with three counts of bank robbery in connection with holdups in Magna, Murray and Tooele.
Michelle Parker entered the Wells Fargo Bank in Tooele on March 11 and gave the teller a note demanding money. Her husband waited outside in the car the with the couple's 5- and 2-year-old children, according to Tooele police.
An off-duty officer saw Michelle Parker hurry out of the bank and leave in a waiting car just before noon. He followed the vehicle and stopped the couple before receiving word of the robbery.
The Parkers were also charged with robbing Wells Fargo banks in Magna on Jan. 14 and in Murray on Feb. 5. They are scheduled to appear in U.S. District Court on Thursday. They face up to 20 years in prison for each count.
The couple moved to Tooele in November. The children were taken into state custody, police said. Their maternal grandfather was working to have them released to him.
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- Race heating up as congressional Democrats...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 40
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 36
- IRS raids properties with possible... 22
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11
- Race heating up as congressional... 11