Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
RSL striker Alvaro Saborio has suffered a left knee injury and is doubtful to play for Costa Rica in an important World Cup qualifying match against the United States, Deportes Repetel reports.
According to a Facebook post originally in Spanish, Saborio was hit in the left knee and Costa Rican coach Jorge Luis Pinto says that the RSL striker is doubtful for the game on Friday.
When asked about the injury at a team practice, RSL said the team has not spoken to anyone in the Costa Rican federation and the extent of the injury is currently unknown.
The United States Men's National Team will play Costa Rica on Friday in Commerce, Colo.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15