Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
RSL striker Alvaro Saborio has suffered a left knee injury and is doubtful to play for Costa Rica in an important World Cup qualifying match against the United States, Deportes Repetel reports.
According to a Facebook post originally in Spanish, Saborio was hit in the left knee and Costa Rican coach Jorge Luis Pinto says that the RSL striker is doubtful for the game on Friday.
When asked about the injury at a team practice, RSL said the team has not spoken to anyone in the Costa Rican federation and the extent of the injury is currently unknown.
The United States Men's National Team will play Costa Rica on Friday in Commerce, Colo.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 109
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 76
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 74
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 47
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33