Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
RSL striker Alvaro Saborio has suffered a left knee injury and is doubtful to play for Costa Rica in an important World Cup qualifying match against the United States, Deportes Repetel reports.
According to a Facebook post originally in Spanish, Saborio was hit in the left knee and Costa Rican coach Jorge Luis Pinto says that the RSL striker is doubtful for the game on Friday.
When asked about the injury at a team practice, RSL said the team has not spoken to anyone in the Costa Rican federation and the extent of the injury is currently unknown.
The United States Men's National Team will play Costa Rica on Friday in Commerce, Colo.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 51
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 48
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45