SALT LAKE CITY — United Way of Salt Lake is gearing up for its 21st annual Day of Caring on Sept. 12, with the goal of engaging 5,000 volunteers to help advance the education, income and health of Utah's neighborhoods and communities and reach thousands of the state's most vulnerable residents.
Registration is now open for the 2013 Day of Caring. Individual volunteers are welcome, as well as businesses, community and church groups, families and all others wanting to participate. Nonprofit organizations and community agencies can also submit project proposals.
The deadline for volunteer signups and project proposals is May 31.
Volunteer projects range from landscaping and painting to reading and tutoring kids, building garden boxes, and helping in classrooms and community centers. Groups of volunteers are matched with projects that meet their time frame and needs.
United Way of Salt Lake will hold a kickoff breakfast from 7:30-9:30 a.m. Sept. 12 at The Gateway. The event is open to all those who participate in volunteer projects throughout the day or would like to get involved.
Community agencies with project proposals should contact Heather McDonald at 801-736-7715 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Businesses and groups hoping to volunteer should contact Christina DeVore at 801-736-7787 or email@example.com. Volunteers can also sign up online at www.uw.org.
- Ground broken for transit-oriented housing...
- Balancing act: Different kinds of guilt...
- Dave Ramsey says: Everyone needs a financial...
- Commission to highlight women in Utah economy
- Colorado high court considers pot firing case
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning over...
- Is preschool worth the money?
- Suit: Papa John's fired worker with Down...
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 11
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- Colorado high court considers pot... 4
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Commission to highlight women in Utah... 4
- USDA: Genetically modified wheat found... 3
- Something that may have caused the... 3
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought... 3