SALT LAKE CITY — United Way of Salt Lake is gearing up for its 21st annual Day of Caring on Sept. 12, with the goal of engaging 5,000 volunteers to help advance the education, income and health of Utah's neighborhoods and communities and reach thousands of the state's most vulnerable residents.
Registration is now open for the 2013 Day of Caring. Individual volunteers are welcome, as well as businesses, community and church groups, families and all others wanting to participate. Nonprofit organizations and community agencies can also submit project proposals.
The deadline for volunteer signups and project proposals is May 31.
Volunteer projects range from landscaping and painting to reading and tutoring kids, building garden boxes, and helping in classrooms and community centers. Groups of volunteers are matched with projects that meet their time frame and needs.
United Way of Salt Lake will hold a kickoff breakfast from 7:30-9:30 a.m. Sept. 12 at The Gateway. The event is open to all those who participate in volunteer projects throughout the day or would like to get involved.
Community agencies with project proposals should contact Heather McDonald at 801-736-7715 or email@example.com. Businesses and groups hoping to volunteer should contact Christina DeVore at 801-736-7787 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteers can also sign up online at www.uw.org.
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Renewable energy advocates decry proposed...
- Z'Tejas closing after 13 years at The Gateway
- The Gateway adding new dining concept
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of balance,...
- Overstock employees ride bicycles to work to...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Batman's true mission: The search for...
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 12
- Obama gives protection to gay,... 7
- New solar energy project at Utah... 6
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- Parks visitors spent $596M in Utah last... 4
- Beef pollutes more than pork, poultry,... 2
- Airlines scrap Israel flights over... 2