SALT LAKE CITY — United Way of Salt Lake is gearing up for its 21st annual Day of Caring on Sept. 12, with the goal of engaging 5,000 volunteers to help advance the education, income and health of Utah's neighborhoods and communities and reach thousands of the state's most vulnerable residents.
Registration is now open for the 2013 Day of Caring. Individual volunteers are welcome, as well as businesses, community and church groups, families and all others wanting to participate. Nonprofit organizations and community agencies can also submit project proposals.
The deadline for volunteer signups and project proposals is May 31.
Volunteer projects range from landscaping and painting to reading and tutoring kids, building garden boxes, and helping in classrooms and community centers. Groups of volunteers are matched with projects that meet their time frame and needs.
United Way of Salt Lake will hold a kickoff breakfast from 7:30-9:30 a.m. Sept. 12 at The Gateway. The event is open to all those who participate in volunteer projects throughout the day or would like to get involved.
Community agencies with project proposals should contact Heather McDonald at 801-736-7715 or email@example.com. Businesses and groups hoping to volunteer should contact Christina DeVore at 801-736-7787 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteers can also sign up online at www.uw.org.
- Shoppers skip turkey for a shot at...
- Barbie can be an engineer, but only if the...
- BLACK FRIDAY LIVE: Protests, beer and prison
- 4 reasons why you shouldn't shop on Black Friday
- Here's how much you can expect to spend on...
- These two things are helping California's...
- Our complete guide to Black Friday, Cyber...
- 5 ways to talk about money with your family...
- Shoppers skip turkey for a shot at... 15
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why... 12
- Immigration reform will boost the... 8
- Barbie can be an engineer, but only if... 8
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals 4
- Facing health law hikes, consumers mull... 4
- Salt Lake City opens door for rideshare... 2
- 5 ways to talk about money with your... 2