SALT LAKE CITY — United Way of Salt Lake is gearing up for its 21st annual Day of Caring on Sept. 12, with the goal of engaging 5,000 volunteers to help advance the education, income and health of Utah's neighborhoods and communities and reach thousands of the state's most vulnerable residents.
Registration is now open for the 2013 Day of Caring. Individual volunteers are welcome, as well as businesses, community and church groups, families and all others wanting to participate. Nonprofit organizations and community agencies can also submit project proposals.
The deadline for volunteer signups and project proposals is May 31.
Volunteer projects range from landscaping and painting to reading and tutoring kids, building garden boxes, and helping in classrooms and community centers. Groups of volunteers are matched with projects that meet their time frame and needs.
United Way of Salt Lake will hold a kickoff breakfast from 7:30-9:30 a.m. Sept. 12 at The Gateway. The event is open to all those who participate in volunteer projects throughout the day or would like to get involved.
Community agencies with project proposals should contact Heather McDonald at 801-736-7715 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Businesses and groups hoping to volunteer should contact Christina DeVore at 801-736-7787 or email@example.com. Volunteers can also sign up online at www.uw.org.
- Survey says parents spend $532.87 a month to...
- US consumer prices fall in November
- Abu Dhabi's Etihad gets A380, complete with...
- How grandparents can save for their...
- Constantly changing online prices stump shoppers
- Poll: 81 percent back Putin even as ruble falls
- Technology helps visually impaired watch TV
- Groups launch lawsuit over Tesoro refinery plan
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8
- Is brand loyalty the new religion? 6
- Biggest mailing day of the year means... 5
- US consumer prices fall in November 4
- Insurers ease 'Obamacare' deadline 3
- Keystone pipeline to top Senate agenda... 3
- AP sources: NFL employees turn over... 3
- PacifiCorp to close Deer Creek Mine in... 3