SALT LAKE CITY — United Way of Salt Lake is gearing up for its 21st annual Day of Caring on Sept. 12, with the goal of engaging 5,000 volunteers to help advance the education, income and health of Utah's neighborhoods and communities and reach thousands of the state's most vulnerable residents.
Registration is now open for the 2013 Day of Caring. Individual volunteers are welcome, as well as businesses, community and church groups, families and all others wanting to participate. Nonprofit organizations and community agencies can also submit project proposals.
The deadline for volunteer signups and project proposals is May 31.
Volunteer projects range from landscaping and painting to reading and tutoring kids, building garden boxes, and helping in classrooms and community centers. Groups of volunteers are matched with projects that meet their time frame and needs.
United Way of Salt Lake will hold a kickoff breakfast from 7:30-9:30 a.m. Sept. 12 at The Gateway. The event is open to all those who participate in volunteer projects throughout the day or would like to get involved.
Community agencies with project proposals should contact Heather McDonald at 801-736-7715 or email@example.com. Businesses and groups hoping to volunteer should contact Christina DeVore at 801-736-7787 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteers can also sign up online at www.uw.org.
- Women innovators leading by example
- More Americans spending at least half their...
- Retiring overseas is more than a matter of money
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a large...
- Money doesn't necessarily equate to job...
- Historic Salt Lake building now home to...
- 19 Mother's Day gift ideas for moms with...
- Michelle Singletary: Stop picking on the poor
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- More Americans spending at least half... 14
- Proposed trade legislation could boost... 5
- US factory activity improves in April,... 3
- Women innovators leading by example 3
- We finally understand what robots mean... 2
- Money doesn't necessarily equate to job... 2
- Exxon's 1Q profit falls 46 percent amid... 1