CEDAR CITY — Southern Utah University President Michael Benson has been named as one of three finalists for the position of president at Eastern Kentucky University, according to an announcement posted Monday on the EKU website.
According to the announcement, Benson is scheduled to visit the campus of Eastern Kentucky, located in Richmond, Ky., for meetings and forums March 24-26. The other two finalists are Gregg Lassen, vice president for finance and operations at Lamar University, and Alan Shao, dean of the College of Charleston School of Business.
"It is with great pride and excitement that we introduce the three finalists,” Craig Turner, chairman of the Eastern Kentucky University Board of Regents, said in a statement that accompanied the announcement. “We are confident that all three of these candidates have the ability to lead this institution.”
Following the announcement, Benson also released a statement.
"Debi and I are honored to have been sought out for this position at Eastern Kentucky University and to be among the final group of candidates," he said. "While the process at EKU is still ongoing, we remain committed to SUU and are extremely excited about the future and the various projects currently under way.”
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for... 13