CEDAR CITY — Southern Utah University President Michael Benson has been named as one of three finalists for the position of president at Eastern Kentucky University, according to an announcement posted Monday on the EKU website.
According to the announcement, Benson is scheduled to visit the campus of Eastern Kentucky, located in Richmond, Ky., for meetings and forums March 24-26. The other two finalists are Gregg Lassen, vice president for finance and operations at Lamar University, and Alan Shao, dean of the College of Charleston School of Business.
"It is with great pride and excitement that we introduce the three finalists,” Craig Turner, chairman of the Eastern Kentucky University Board of Regents, said in a statement that accompanied the announcement. “We are confident that all three of these candidates have the ability to lead this institution.”
Following the announcement, Benson also released a statement.
"Debi and I are honored to have been sought out for this position at Eastern Kentucky University and to be among the final group of candidates," he said. "While the process at EKU is still ongoing, we remain committed to SUU and are extremely excited about the future and the various projects currently under way.”
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Utah woman's secret: Ted Bundy tried to kill...
- Women called heroes for reviving high school...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support medical...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 50
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 48
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 47
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 23