CEDAR CITY — Southern Utah University President Michael Benson has been named as one of three finalists for the position of president at Eastern Kentucky University, according to an announcement posted Monday on the EKU website.
According to the announcement, Benson is scheduled to visit the campus of Eastern Kentucky, located in Richmond, Ky., for meetings and forums March 24-26. The other two finalists are Gregg Lassen, vice president for finance and operations at Lamar University, and Alan Shao, dean of the College of Charleston School of Business.
"It is with great pride and excitement that we introduce the three finalists,” Craig Turner, chairman of the Eastern Kentucky University Board of Regents, said in a statement that accompanied the announcement. “We are confident that all three of these candidates have the ability to lead this institution.”
Following the announcement, Benson also released a statement.
"Debi and I are honored to have been sought out for this position at Eastern Kentucky University and to be among the final group of candidates," he said. "While the process at EKU is still ongoing, we remain committed to SUU and are extremely excited about the future and the various projects currently under way.”
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 11
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 10