CEDAR CITY — Southern Utah University President Michael Benson has been named as one of three finalists for the position of president at Eastern Kentucky University, according to an announcement posted Monday on the EKU website.
According to the announcement, Benson is scheduled to visit the campus of Eastern Kentucky, located in Richmond, Ky., for meetings and forums March 24-26. The other two finalists are Gregg Lassen, vice president for finance and operations at Lamar University, and Alan Shao, dean of the College of Charleston School of Business.
"It is with great pride and excitement that we introduce the three finalists,” Craig Turner, chairman of the Eastern Kentucky University Board of Regents, said in a statement that accompanied the announcement. “We are confident that all three of these candidates have the ability to lead this institution.”
Following the announcement, Benson also released a statement.
"Debi and I are honored to have been sought out for this position at Eastern Kentucky University and to be among the final group of candidates," he said. "While the process at EKU is still ongoing, we remain committed to SUU and are extremely excited about the future and the various projects currently under way.”
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 71
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17