CEDAR CITY — Southern Utah University President Michael Benson has been named as one of three finalists for the position of president at Eastern Kentucky University, according to an announcement posted Monday on the EKU website.
According to the announcement, Benson is scheduled to visit the campus of Eastern Kentucky, located in Richmond, Ky., for meetings and forums March 24-26. The other two finalists are Gregg Lassen, vice president for finance and operations at Lamar University, and Alan Shao, dean of the College of Charleston School of Business.
"It is with great pride and excitement that we introduce the three finalists,” Craig Turner, chairman of the Eastern Kentucky University Board of Regents, said in a statement that accompanied the announcement. “We are confident that all three of these candidates have the ability to lead this institution.”
Following the announcement, Benson also released a statement.
"Debi and I are honored to have been sought out for this position at Eastern Kentucky University and to be among the final group of candidates," he said. "While the process at EKU is still ongoing, we remain committed to SUU and are extremely excited about the future and the various projects currently under way.”
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Southern Utah left wanting for water
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held on $6...
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove garage;...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 94
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 34
- Police nab man suspected of gropings at... 31
- Will Josh Powell's family argue he... 28
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24