High school boys soccer: Layton Christian dominates Mount Vernon
LAYTON — The Layton Christian Academy Eagles took full advantage on their home field Tuesday with an impressive win. The Patriots arrived with enthusiasm and energy, but just couldn’t handle the Eagle speed.
In the end, LCA defeated the Patriots 8-nil in a shortened contest.
Donggyu Im started the deluge of scoring from the high-flying Eagles early in the first half. All in all, seven Eagles tallied goals. Joining Im were Fernando Horta, Juan Coella (2 goals), Jack Chandler, Emil Softic, Boom Tangruanrat and Armand Rukundo.
Asked about the substantial number of international students on LCA’s squad, assistant coach Patrick Watts remarked, “It makes us play together. The different languages make it hard to learn, so we have to be aware of each other on the field.”
Watts said their strengths this year are the depth of talent on this year’s team compared with a year ago and the returning young players.
The Eagles remain home on Thursday to host Highland while the Patriots travel to Intermountain Christian.
Gary Czenkus is an Air Force veteran and graduate of the University of Nebraska. EMAIL: email@example.com
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34